So probably basic means standard SE.

I'll check mine later.

Blimey Cemerson, that was quick!

Can't see any suspension spec except for:

1JA = Rear shock absorption, basic design 1
G02 = Front shock absorption

So probably basic means standard SE.

I'll check mine later.

Looking at your photos there is no way yours basic SE suspension, there where photos a while back in the photo thread of a black and white a3 next to each other and the difference is noticeable to the one with SE suspension, it looks more jacked up in comparison.

The pics of mine and A3sportackMarks cars might help you work it out, mine is sport suspension, Marks SE

On the balance of responses received.

Changed the suspension back to Sport.

Thanks to everyone, who responded

I have Sport (on 18" wheels); I would say it's on the firm side of comfortable, but not too firm. Happy with my choice.

I have Sport (on 18" wheels); I would say it's on the firm side of comfortable, but not too firm. Happy with my choice.

I have to agree with tim. I enjoy the ride of mine, firm yes but not uncomfortable at all. 👍👍👍

Yes I agree too! S-Line on Sports suspention with 18" wheels perfect ;) I think any harder and it would start to be uncomfortable.

I also agree with. Above 18" wheels with sport suspension is firm, bit sporty but still comfortable and very stable and grippy even on uneven roads.
Best combination in my opinion and ordered because of it.
I'msure you will love it :thumbsup:

Reactions: smudger69
Just to prove it's all down to personal taste, I really wanted to like the sports suspension with 18" wheels in my test drive but it was just too firm for me so I deleted it, as recommended by the vast majority of independent reviewers (who were probably all old, fat and middle aged, but then so am I).

Not old 52 on the 1st September and I run all my cars full S-Line spec previous A4, current Q5 andA3

I've just ordered an A3 Sportback S Line with s line suspension, having tested the same vehicle. I can hardly find anyone who has tested or purchased this option. It is all based on going for the softer option because that's what everyone else does.
Just my opinion.