s-line spoiler+ OE bumper cover ADVICE NEEDED!!

griffj

Reaction score
Website
www.qrsport.com
as you know i have a 2002 Avant 1.9 TDI, in amulet red.
ive managed to track down an S-line front spoiler for the car, painted it and i am now ready to fit it, ive got all the info i need to take the bumper off and get the work done.
heres the crutch!!
ive ordered the S-line front grill 3 piece set from VAG parts, ready to fit, but ive been told several different things about fitting the grills. all of the following in fact,
1. the s-line spoiler will go straignt onto the upper bumper, but the grills just wont fit, period.
2. as above but it just takes minor modification with a dremmel or such like to get the grills to fit, to open up the fixing holes, and the driving lamps will need to be moved approx 10mm.
3. the spoiler and grills wont fit AT ALL without the s-line upper.

im really hoping no;2 is right, as im planning to take the front off the car this saturday and get it fitted, im very handy with the tools and modifying plastic bumpers dosnt bother me as i can respray the whole thing if need be.
but please can someone advise me as to what is true out of the above, i dont want to get into something thats going to cost me mega bucks!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

the hole that holds the grill in is in the S-line upper part not the lower and the two parts clip together around the grill holes the sides are ok but not the bottom , so you need a S-line upper plus more spraying or you can cut the lower part off an S-line upper and fix to your upper part to save spraying

well got the s-line lower spoiler to fit (IMO) quite easilly, just had to shave the front off the OE bumper to get it to fit, have had a look at my uncles factory S-line A4, and the grills look ok to me, so i'll have a go and if sucessfull i;ll post a "how to" on this site.

You should post pics of this modification. I know a lot of people in the USA would be happy to know this. I know of one other person who has put the S-line front lip spoiler on the Stock OEM upper bumper.

Most of us just buy the new upper and lower lip together when retrofitting the S-line/Quattro GmbH front.

well it all worked out fine.
looks just like factory.
now for the rest of the kit, only one prob, have just come across an 03 A6 2.5 tdi sport, with only 28k on the clock for £15k,
so trying to convince the wife we should get rid of the crappy vectra in the garage and get her the A6,
heres hoping.

Sell the vectra now.. lol

Best thing I ever did mate.

How much where the lower grills from vagparts? if you don't ming me asking. Any pics of your handywork?

Copyofaudilarge1.jpg

here you go, spoiler fitted, but this was the day after i fitted it, so i popped the old grills in just to cover the gap a little.
have the propper s-line grills in place now.

PS,
this is a pic of the offending vec, that i want to get rid of!!
Copyof000_0024.jpg

there the wrong grills m8, there's still a gap at the bottom on all 3 grills , the s-line centor grill is £60 + vat on its own

[ QUOTE ]
there the wrong grills m8, there's still a gap at the bottom on all 3 grills , the s-line centor grill is £60 + vat on its own

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
here you go, spoiler fitted, but this was the day after i fitted it, so i popped the old grills in just to cover the gap a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cough! Cough!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol,
as for the cost m8, trust me they were £60 all in (well actually £59.95)

heres a copy of the e-mail VAGparts.com sent me m8,

Hi Jason
Thanks for the enquiry about the lower grilles, the centre is £23.04 +vat the side ones are £10.99 each +vat shipping within the UK will be £6.00 giving you a grand total off £59.95 inc vat & delivery
I will need to know the engine size and type of your car I you wish to go ahead with this
I hope this is ok let me know

Regards Alan