1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Line Seat Removal.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Vorshprungdork, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Vorshprungdork

Vorshprungdork Active Member

[Nov 7, 2012]
    Can anyone advise if this is as easy as it sounds? I need to take out the seats to get the centres trimmed in leather. Is it just a case of disconnect teh battery, unbolt runners, unplug airbag connectors and they're out or is there more to it. Also not sure about the rears, never done that, anyone know if there's a How-to somewhere, just gone throught the FAQs but don't see anything.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. phil76

phil76 Active Member

[Nov 8, 2012]
    pretty simple with looking mate to be honest,do what you say on the fronts and the rears pretty much same unbolt the brackets and there out
  4. Vorshprungdork

[Nov 8, 2012]
    Love it something simple!
  5. SAiLO

SAiLO Enthusiast VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2012]
    I have replaced seats several times without disconnecting the battery with no issues whatsoever.
  6. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2012]
    4 Torx 40/45 bolts in each seat. No need to disconnect battery, just make sure you don't put the ignition on ;)
  7. Vorshprungdork

[Nov 9, 2012]
    Cheers, they are now out, only broke one thing, a plastic trim that covers the centre braket on the back of the rear seat, gues it will be possible to buy but not sure it's essential. Anyway going to see a trimmer tomorrow so fingers crossed I will be leaving the seatrs behind and he recons I should get them back next weekend. Still not sure about colour if anyone wahts to make suggestions. Black is pretty obvious (Car is Avus silver), like red but maybe more of a burgundy?
  8. jb0o

jb0o North East Forum Moderator Regional Rep Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Nov 9, 2012]
    Id definitely get something unique, make it something special ;)