1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S Line/S3 etc Badge Question

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Gavin G, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Gavin G

Gavin G Member

[Mar 3, 2011]
    This might be a stupid question, but since im new to the Audi scene i hope you will forgive me. The S Line/S3 etc badges etc; what is the difference in them and what do they stand for? Are they only for the quattro or can other fwd cars have them? Mine for example is a 2002 1.8T Sport and it has a small S line badge under the A3 badge at the rear i didn't put it there it was there when i bought the car. I was under the impression it was because of the spec of the car ie full leather etc am i wrong? Should i take it off? :blink:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid

[Mar 3, 2011]
    S line were started on the next generation models i believe so an 8l should not have them
  4. JS1500

JS1500 Howdy

[Mar 3, 2011]
    Yep, Sport shouldn't have S or S-Line badges.

Sport models generally have some improved equipment (seats, steering wheel...) and firmer suspension. S-Line replaced Sport for the next generation of Audis but is the same thing basically.
  5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

[Mar 3, 2011]
    S-Line was introduced on the 8P range, the only S you are going to get on an 8L, is an S3.

The sport was available in the 8L range, but there wasnt a badge for it AFAIK, they were just badged up as a 1.8T or a 1.6, they did have a quattro badge if they were that variant though.

Hope that helps.
  6. DavidW

DavidW Member

[Mar 3, 2011]
    You can still get sport models in the current range, it's basically just another trim level. I think it goes S, SE, Sport and S-Line now with various special editions thrown in as well.

Yours shouldn't have s-line badges though, my S3 had them on the bump strips when I bought it, god knows why.
  7. steve bain

steve bain Member

[Mar 3, 2011]
    my old SE had the s-line badges on it when i got it. good old ebay!
  8. Gavin G

Gavin G Member

[Mar 4, 2011]
    lol ok thanks folks good to know, it shall be removed :)