1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Line rear brake lights

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by number3, Feb 5, 2013.

1. number3

number3 Active Member

Was wondering if anybody has seen the rear brake lights in action yet on the s-line, before I use the brick on the brake suggested by vertigo lol !

its the only thing I haven't seen yet on my car!

mark

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Just back to a large glass window at night, then brake, job done.

4. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

Preferably braking before you go through the window!

EDIT: Also, I read (possibly in the manual) that the car has emergency brake lighting which flashes the brake lights rapidly under very heavy braking and then flashes the hazards when you come to a stop. Useful I guess but a bit counter-intuitive as the accepted practice these days is to flash the hazards when you're braking heavily to warn those coming up behind at speed. Why they opted to flash the brake lights first, then the hazards only when you stop is beyond me.

5. selar

selar Member

Confirmed - page 21 of the updated A3 and A3 Sportback brochure lists an Adaptive Brake Light that behaves just like you said, Vertigo.

6. viperfire

viperfire Active Member

Pic?

7. NHN

If you think of the psychology Vertigo, red lights to all road users, ok all sane, logical & common sense people, means danger or be very aware etc, so flashing red lights would make someone think immediately there's a possible danger ahead, I can see the logic tbh.

8. doggydoctor

doggydoctor New Member

Also, the brake lights are so bright that it is harder to see the indicators while braking.

9. Vertigo1

Vertigo1 Well-Known Member

There is that I suppose. Reminds me how much it makes me rage at morons who put their rear fogs on at the slightest bit of mist or rain, thinking it can't do any harm, when in reality they just make your brake lights that much harder to see and thus more likely someone will run into the back of you.

10. NHN

Really, if I see some idiot with fogs on in very good visibility, it just warns me more to steer clear of the cretin, as they're obviously a nervous driver & a snap stupid decision by them, may cost the person behind a fair bit.