1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Line Grillie Badge Installation

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by dRicKyy, Jul 4, 2013.

1. dRicKyy

dRicKyy New Member

[Jul 4, 2013]
    Dummy needs help. Today i got my S-Line badge order from eBay. I got 58-plate facelift model and today I tried to solve how the hell it should be installed without any result. It should be installed to the vertical spot of the grill and it has 2 metallic clips too. Is it possible to fit without taking the grill off? If anyone has fitted this thing I would appriciate your answers?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 19, 2014]

3. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Jul 4, 2013]
    I may be wrong & someone can correct me, but I think the grill badge with the clips is meant for the recess in the S3 grill.
  4. SPARTAN91

SPARTAN91 RED FIVE STANDING BY Regional Rep

[Jul 4, 2013]
    Yer you are right in the S3 grill there is a recess for the badge but in the case of the facelift A3 S-line Audi didn,t fit the S-line badge to the grill.It is possable to fit the aftermarket badge without removing the grill but it requires small fingers a a bit of time.
  5. dRicKyy

dRicKyy New Member

[Jul 4, 2013]
    It seems that when you put the badge to the vertical postition, there is no way to attach the clips nowhere. I ordered the badge from here: Audi s Line Grill Badge A3 A4 S3 A6 A8 s S4 S8 RS3 RS4 | eBay

If someone can correct that from the link, I would not waste my time anymore to scratch my head how to do it:think:

Thanks for answer!
  6. Audi27

Audi27 Member

[Jul 4, 2013]
    I have bought these type and they are very tricky to get on. The only way i managed to get mine on was to chip away at some of the plastic where the metal clips go so it could to stretch and squeeze onto the grille.

Without doing that there was noway i could of got my badge onto the grille.
  7. Artimus

Artimus Short Back

[Jul 5, 2013]
    I think there's another type of grill badge that can be bolted through to a backing plate! That might be a better option than cutting\damaging your current grill. I used to see them on eBay but don't have a link. Sorry