1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s line front spoiler

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by mtwallet28, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mtwallet28

mtwallet28 New Member

[Jul 3, 2009]
    does anyone know if the s line front spoiler will fit onto the bumper of a 51 reg sport, if it does will the sports fogs and grilles work or will i need different ones, cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. paul20v

paul20v Audi fanatic

[Jul 4, 2009]
    From what i can gather the non sline top bumper is also different .
  4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Jul 4, 2009]
    mtwallet: the S-Line top bumper is a separate item...

8e0807103bagru (€290 / £300!) - for the non-headlight washers version!!

Officially everbody will recommend that you use this as there are brackets for the S-Line lower skirt to hook into.

There are a few how-to guides as to what mods are required to get it to fit without the S-Line bumper top and then you just need the lower (8e0807110bgru - about £90)

No wiring / fog light changes, but you will need to fit your fogs into new grills, e.g.
    Front bumper lower grille centre 8e0807647d01c (£75)
    Front bumper lower grille n/s 8e0807681d01c (£17.50)
    Front bumper lower grille o/s 8e0807682d01c (£17.50)

Please note that there are a LOT of different grills depending on what look you want (those parts numbers are the honeycomb fog grills and the centre grill to match the OEM top grill) and even the honeycomb grill have a LOT of options: depending on engine and spec: e.g. wether it needs to duct air up to intercoolers on each side, etc...

Here's mine - with the grills above, but the headlight washers version of the top bumper:
    (CLICKABLE)
    [​IMG]

Check in with PJMspeedy as he might be able to get these parts for you, in which case they'll probably be cheaper!
  5. mtwallet28

mtwallet28 New Member

[Jul 4, 2009]
    thanks for the info mate, is that a modified standard bumper on yours or an s line. how do i find the how-tos, cheers
  6. BahnStormer77

[Jul 4, 2009]
    sorry, bit drunk now :) audizine/a4mods forum had some how to's, I think... or hit google.... shout if u can't find anythign and I'll try to help tomorrow...

Mine's the S-Line "proper".

lots more info, but probably best when iI can see straight..
  7. BahnStormer77

[Jul 4, 2009]
    oooohhh.... look at alll the pretty pictures.....

There are the lower grills that you'll need in addition to the lower valance:

Lower Grill:
    [​IMG]

Fogs:
    [​IMG]

Choice of fogs:
    [​IMG]
  8. 1210tech

1210tech Four Ring Fanatic

[Jul 4, 2009]
    i fitted the s-line kit myself after i had got it sprayed by a bodyshop and it is very easy to do if you have all the correct parts. you can modify the bumper so the s-line skirt will fit but it involves cutting parts of the bumper, tbh you are better off just buying the proper bumper (which is deeper) than trying to mod the old one :icon_thumright:

here is whats involved if you decide to mod the original bumper: A4 S-Line Lower Bumper Retrofit (B6)
  9. Woorlord

Woorlord shifting to Hyperspace... . VCDS Map User

[Jul 4, 2009]
    Bought an S-Line complete front bumper including all grills and fog lights off Ebay £218 delivered - they do pop up so keep your eyes open for one from a scrapped car.

The original bumper was silver but as you can see it's now Ebony Black - great job by my local paint shop on refurbing the bumper. Removed the old and fitted the new one myself - and retro-fitted the headlight washers too since the new bumper had the holes - but not the jet hardware.

My results are here Woorlords External Mods
  10. BahnStormer77

[Jul 5, 2009]
    woorlord - very nice work! if you got the full bumper (top half @ £300 and spoiler @£90), three grills (£17.50+£17.50+£75) and the fogs (about £80 for the pair?!?) then you got a GREAT deal there!!

edit: one thing I need to warn people about: most of the bumpers on ebay seem to be the cabriolet ones, which are NOT compatible! so make sure you get the part numbers and check them first!