1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S Line facelift question

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by staitesidestory, Nov 9, 2010.

1. staitesidestory

staitesidestory Member

I am currently in the process of gathering parts to do my face lift from the 04 plate sport front end to the 06 s line front end I have read the thread on here and understand all the bits I need for the front, but there is no mention of the rear end! How much different is the rear bumper I personally can't see that much diffrence also did the s line have side skirts?
  2. matt_white88

matt_white88 Member

The difference between the rear bumpers is that the s line one dies nit have the tub strips on it. Also it has a seperatr part to the bottom of the bumper (valance?)
  3. S3 MRU

S3 MRU Member

The bumper you have has a bottom valance too. You need to look for a 05-08 rear bumper 3 door with no bump strips. the lower valance is seperate and can be used for the s-line diffuser or s3 diffuser. some come with parking sensor holes. Theres a few on ebay atm good luck on your conversion i recently done mine
  4. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

For a full conversion you'll need:

Bonnet
    Bumper
    Fogs
    Fog grilles
    Rad grille
    Rear spoiler
    Rear bumper
    Rear valance.

Personally I'd go for a 09+ facelift rear bumper and diffuser. Look much much nicer

Best of luck, and don't forget photos when you're done!

S.