1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S Line Avant Towbar

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Mini Type R, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Mini Type R

Mini Type R New Member

[Feb 12, 2007]
    I bought some reversing sensors off ebay that I'm going to fit myself. As I also want a removable towbar (for towing a car, not a caravan!!) I thought I could fit that at the same time, as the bumper will be off.

I've been looking on the internet and a lot of places specify that they can't be fitted to S4s or S Lines. Can anyone suggest a detachable towbar that will fit an S Line, including model/part no? Also, are the electrics included with the kits and are they easy to fit?

Thanks in advance,

Richard
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. a4sline

a4sline Member

[Feb 16, 2007]
    Always go genuine on towbars as they fit perfect and are detachable. Fitted genuine bars on all my avants and never had a problem. As the electrics are can controlled, I would also go genuine as the problems that a relay pack might cause are never ending. To do the job properly it takes about a day on yer drive and all of the the coding up with the laptop for the warning lights etc etc.
    Go genuine, you won't regret it !!!
  4. Mini Type R

Mini Type R New Member

[Mar 5, 2007]
    Thanks, any ideas how much does a genuine one costs?
  5. Mcgough

Mcgough Member

[Mar 6, 2007]
    Ive been looking at this for a while as im in no rush at moment as my kit car is off the road. im also keeping my audi reverse sensors till a source a toebar, let me know how you get on

kris