1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-line and xenon disapeared from Audi UK configurator.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Dandle, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Dandle

Dandle Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    Well our new car has been built and will be with us by the end of the month :). I have been keeping an eye on the Audi.co.uk configurator to see if xenon plus has been added as there have been reports of people getting their cars with bi-xenon lights. A week or so ago the xenon light option was removed from "configure your Audi A3" and when looking this morning the option for the S-line A3s has been removed. Does anyone know what is going on with this?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. little_wing

little_wing Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    I wouldn't pay too much attention to the configurator - it's never been particularly reliable in terms of what's actually available. Saying that, quite often the salespeople are even more clueless so you can get stuck between a rock and a hard place trying to get a clear picture...
  4. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    My car colour has never been on the Audi Config
  5. imported_Skywalker

imported_Skywalker Guest

[Nov 17, 2005]
    Yep, I'll tell you what's going on with the Audi configurator - its ****!!

Considering its the first place people will look before getting inolved with hassle from salesman they should sort it out. When S-lines were first introduced they weren't added to the configurator for THREE MONTHS!

Useless tw8ts!!

And regarding the Xenon Plus, anything that is a 2006 model will have it.
  6. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Well our new car has been built and will be with us by the end of the month :). I have been keeping an eye on the Audi.co.uk configurator to see if xenon plus has been added as there have been reports of people getting their cars with bi-xenon lights. A week or so ago the xenon light option was removed from "configure your Audi A3" and when looking this morning the option for the S-line A3s has been removed. Does anyone know what is going on with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most probably Audi are simply reflecting the fact that the Configurator is out of date, the S-Line 'config model' has had a bug in it for months, and the Xenon headlamp thing has also been incorrect too for quite a while.

To be fair to Audi complex configuration models are horrid to keep up to date - and some of us have discovered that the configurator that the dealers use to order the cars from the factory is a different animal again - with option combinations that are neither in the price-list or the web based config tool have.
  7. RobB

RobB Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    This xenon plus idea for the lights. I have a 2006 model with xenons and am not convinced I have this - how do I tell? I presume the "plus" refers to what I have read as bi-xenon where the xenon unit has a deflector on it to move the beam from dipped to main? My main beam comes from the traditional main beam light towards the centre of the car, and has a more yellow hue to it compared to the usual white light.

Can anyone explain please?
  8. cosmicblue

cosmicblue Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    This xenon plus idea for the lights. I have a 2006 model with xenons and am not convinced I have this - how do I tell? I presume the "plus" refers to what I have read as bi-xenon where the xenon unit has a deflector on it to move the beam from dipped to main? My main beam comes from the traditional main beam light towards the centre of the car, and has a more yellow hue to it compared to the usual white light.

Can anyone explain please?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the 2006 MY with Bi-Xenons the dipped beam fish-eye glass lense isn't equipped with that saucer like chrome surround. The Bi-Xenon light has a bigger lense and a retractable shutter device and that makes an audible 'clunk' in operation. The inner main-beam lamp position has a 21 watt bulb that corresponds with a DRL switch adjacent to the instrument panel dimmer.

I have posted a picture of the RHF headlamp of my A3 on TS: Tiresmoke gallery
  9. Dandle

Dandle Member

[Nov 17, 2005]
    You only have xenon then. On xenon+(bi-xenon) equiped cars the main and dipped beam come from the same light by the use of a deflector like you said. The inner lights on a xenon+ car have a round normal bulb in the light unit and not a halogen like a normal headlight.
  10. RobB

RobB Member

[Nov 18, 2005]
    Cheers. Normal xenon it is then. No DRL switch either.

I can only presume the option has come in subsequent to the 2006 MY change as it certainly wasn't an option when I ordered mine in May.

Thanks