1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-line 5 spoke wheel refurbishing.

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Dandle, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Dandle

Dandle Member

[Mar 9, 2006]
    Last week when I picked the new car I let my father have ago in it and he managed to kerb one of the wheels. Anyway I let my local dealer take it to a guy they use to refurb wheels and its come back a slightly different colour. I spoke to the guy that did the wheel and he told me he only uses one colour of silver on the wheels he does(it's a duller silver than the standard 5 spoke s-line silver). Audi are going to phone him as well and see what they can do, so im waiting for them to get back to me.

My question is have any of you guys with the same wheels had them refurbed and colour matched perfectly? And who did the wheel for you?

Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 22, 2014]

3. wilko

wilko Top Gear

[Mar 9, 2006]
    I had my front 17" done by Chipsaway and it's a perfect match to the other 4, only place is doesn't match quite right is where they didn't put any laquer on the inside of the rim, but you can't see that (mainly cos of the break dust)!!

I was happy with the finish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  4. HuntsA4

HuntsA4 Member

[Mar 9, 2006]
    Try "Pristine" they keep stocks of many wheels which they give you then take yours to refurb, if they haven't got your wheel they will take them away and refurb.

They have local agents, my local one is cambridge Performance tyres.

know a few people who have used their services and they were more than happy
  5. tinka

tinka Guest

[Mar 9, 2006]
    i had mine done at a place called lepsons,in gillingham,and yes,if i catch it at a certain angle it is slightly different,
    i spoke to wicked wheels who do the local main dealer ,and he said he would'nt be able to get it any better,as did another company,
    its a colour called chrome silver which is hard to get a good match for,it will always be the case when getting just one wheel done,you will get used to it over time,

a valuable lesson learnt too,never let anyone else drive your car,when i let my dad have ago he went down the biggest pot hole ive seen,that will be alright son,he said.dont panic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif
  6. Dandle

Dandle Member

[Mar 9, 2006]
    Cheers for the replies. I will wait to see what Audi have to say as they havent phoned me back today. If I cant get the wheel matched I may buy another rim although I would rather not pay Audi prices. I'm keeping an eye on ebay at the moment although most of the S-line wheels on there are sold as sets of four. I might even phone a few of the Audi breakers to see if they can get me one(although thats clutching at straws).
  7. tinka

tinka Guest

[Mar 9, 2006]
    dandle,where abouts in london are you,im in kent,if you dont have any luck,you can have a look at mine,and if its near enough i suppose you can get it done at the same place?.
  8. Dandle

Dandle Member

[Mar 14, 2006]
    Cheers Tinka don't need to do that now as I have bought a new wheel from my dealer they gave me 20% off so it was £260inc vat. I wonder how much the old one will go for on ebay though when it goes on there later this week.
  9. d3fy

d3fy Active Member

[Mar 14, 2006]
    About £70 i guess. I'm having two refurbed this afternoon when they arrive prestige wheels/whicked wheels
  10. Dandle

Dandle Member

[Mar 14, 2006]
    [ QUOTE ]
    About £70 i guess. I'm having two refurbed this afternoon when they arrive prestige wheels/whicked wheels

[/ QUOTE ]

You getting both done the same side?
    Let me know how the colour turns out for future reference.