Rusty rear arch?

Boy-Raymond

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Right, next problem, just noticed rear arch is starting to rust on a 2007 3dr.

i know the bodywork is guaranteed for 12 years but how do I get it sorted/looked at? Just book it in or are there some other hoops I need to jump through?

Has anyone managed to get this kind of stuff sorted in the past?

I'm the second owner so I'm assuming that it may have had paint but not positive... Will they be able to tell?

Right, next problem, just noticed rear arch is starting to rust on a 2007 3dr.

i know the bodywork is guaranteed for 12 years but how do I get it sorted/looked at? Just book it in or are there some other hoops I need to jump through?

Has anyone managed to get this kind of stuff sorted in the past?

I'm the second owner so I'm assuming that it may have had paint but not positive... Will they be able to tell?

If it has had not-by-audi repairs on that area then they will know and will probably turn down warranty.

They warranty bodywork as in chassis for 12 years, not the paintwork & if its had work not by audi, then forget the claim & don't waste your time.

That's the thing, I've only had the car 6 months. May have had paint, but may not. I reckon is got to be worth a shot?

Doesn't matter whose had the vehicle, if its been painted, then forget it unless its an audi paint job, but hey fee free.

One sniff at it with their paint thickness gauge and you'll soon know.
My money is on it having been damaged in the past, never heard of rust there before.
If you don't ask you won't get.

In my old car the paintwork was corroding under the paint in the roof lining and audi fixed it under warranty. Glad I was helpful

That's because they know it would never be an aftermarket paint job, so it would be covered being its internal.

And the answer is....

Its had a full 3 quarter panel on it. Audi tech showed me the pnly place they could tell and it not something your average person would spot.

The reason it;s is rusting around the arch is where it is rolled and pinched and its split teh galvanising on the new panel.

No warranty repair for me... Still was worth a shot...