Rust warrany??

petewon

Reaction score
Ive just noticed some rust coming through inside the wheel arch/wing on my 2001 A4. Ive just been looking through the warrany manual and was wondering if this would be classed as the 3yr Paint warrany or the 12 year anti corrosion warrany? Any ideas?

Also, while looking through my paperwork I came across something called the Audi Approved Gaurantee. Is this just standard with all audis or is it an extended warranty. It has the previous owners receipt so it looks like its been payed for. Im guessing I need to transfer it into my name.

Just thought Id mention, all services have been done at sceduled times by audi dealerships.

Cheers :)

It should be covered under the 12 anti corrosion warrenty. Best bet is check with your local dealer they should tell you.

Cheers for the reply. I popped into Newcastle Audi today and they told me no one there was qualified to assess the damage and couldnt even give me an idea if it would be covered by the warrany.:(

Anyways they told me to go and speak to the people at their body repair shop Colebrook & Burgess. Im gonna have a look in over the weekend, see what they have to say.

Cheers :)

When I visited Audi Newcastle about damage to my paint the guy took photo's and sent them to Colebrook and Burgess. That was for an insurance claim as opposed to corrosion though.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on. I have noticed a very small blemish on my wheel arch which looks suspect so I want that looking at by them too. Doesn't appear to be stone chip but my car is under 3 years old so I'd hope it was covered.

He did mention that it would have to assessed as being caused by either corrosion or stone chips but its clearly not stone chips, its actualy quite bad. I just hope they dont say it would be under the 3 year paint warrany as the cars around 6 years old now.

Im gonna have a look down there tomorow, Ill let you know how I get on.

Pete. :)

Ive been down this morning mate and its booked in for an assessment next saturday. Ill let you know how I get on.

It shouldn't be a problem mate. I've had rust warranty problems with a couple of previous VAG cars, up to 6 yrs old, and all were honered without much hassle at all. If they kick up a fuss, get in touch with Audi Customer Services, they are a very helpful bunch of people.

Cool, cheers for the advice. I was quite supprised that no one at Audi were able to assess the damage TBH. Fingers crossed. :)

Sorry to drag up an old old thread but did this get resolved? Rust on such a young car is a bit of a worry! I also though Audi's were galvanised?

Yeah it got sorted, it is a 2001 plate car so not that new but still shouldnt have rusted so soon. The Audi body shop geeza reckond that hed never seen one rust there before so it must be quite rare.

Certianly did Katy, it took a few inspections from various people from Audi but they had it sorted within a few weeks. :thumbsup:

i got the same thing around one wheel arch. its a 03 plate, i wonder if i can get it sorted. its also started to happen at bottom of the car, near that arch. all rusting. wonder if i call audi will they sort it out for me

Its worth a shot mate, as long as they dont say its caused by stone chipping you should be ok.

I need to get my A6 Avant checked. The rust on and around the roof gutters is terrible. It is a 1999 model so hopefully will still be covered.