1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rust on wheel arch help!!

Jonesy Aug 28, 2009

1. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

Hi guys cars just hit 100k mark and Ive noticed a small bit of bubbling on drivers side arch by the corner. Its prob my fault didn't clean it for ages and i guess the salt and **** set in from the winter!

What options do i have? Dont want to leave it and for it to get worse?! How much would say a body shop charge to repair it? I'm assuming it will need sanding down, treated then resprayed.

More money that i dont have :(

Allan

2. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I would try and get it fixed asap, around £150 cash should be what you are paying for a good job.

4. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Front arch or rear arch? If its the wing I would replace it. It is rear I would get it seen to asap.

5. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

Replace it? Its not going to be rotton is it....

Just get a good body shop to sort it! £100/£130 should cover it

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Member

Hi, its the front arch. I could replace the wing i guess!? I'm gonna get a few quotes from bodyshops and see what they say. Hopefully it isn't too bad and can be sorted fairly easily. Should have an Iphone 2moro so ill try upload a pic.

Thanks

7. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Replace the front wing?!? That's a bit extreme in my opinion, the guy has already said it's money he doesn't have, just get it repaired man, sprayed up and bobs your uncle.

8. MintyS3

MintyS3 Works 60% the time, Everytime.

Up to you but a wing is a replaceable item. Good chance the rust will come back.