1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rust on 2001 A4 near windows

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by JSWD32, Nov 3, 2004.

1. JSWD32

JSWD32 Member

[Nov 3, 2004]
    I went to a terrible car supermarket at the weekend (cargiant) and saw some awful examples of audi A4's. Now many had rust on the black metal bits near the rear windows and also the middle pillar.
    Is this covered under warranty? Surely a 3yr old audi wouln't rust?
    I also saw on many of the audi's that the metal part of the windscreen wiper had rusted quite badly!
    Anyone heard of this and whether its covered under audi's anti corrosion warranty?

Regards

Jonathon
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. imported_ronny

imported_ronny Guest

[Nov 3, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    JSWD32 said:
    I went to a terrible car supermarket at the weekend (cargiant) and saw some awful examples of audi A4's. Now many had rust on the black metal bits near the rear windows and also the middle pillar.
    Is this covered under warranty? Surely a 3yr old audi wouln't rust?
    I also saw on many of the audi's that the metal part of the windscreen wiper had rusted quite badly!
    Anyone heard of this and whether its covered under audi's anti corrosion warranty?

Regards

Jonathon

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine are pretty bad on the wiper arms, but they cost £19.00 from the main dealer, the whole arm assembly is cheaper than the wiper blades lol

As for other rust, yes it should be covered under warranty as long as its been looked after, and its not stone chipped etc.

Audi's dont rust in general, it's why you see old ones on the road still, they are galvanised