rust help

bigal23

Reaction score
anyone experienced rust in the corner of the doors where there is two screws one each end, holding I think a bit of the car door trim on at the bottom?

anyone know how I get stop this before it gets worse would I have to respray?

its only about a 1cm square patch

Yep I know too well of this rust issue. Both my doors went rusty and after a lot of agro I managed to grind Audi down to replacing the doors. They had to respray the sides to blend in. It took a few months to get both done.

Passenger side they did no questions asked and drivers they said it was caused by stone chip under the plastic trim!!!! Eventually they did replace the doors

Audi corrosion warranty is 12 years.

Would like to know this as well, as I've got a couple of bits of rust, just less than 1cm big, around the top of the door. Mines only a 56 plate as well.

Yep I know too well of this rust issue. Both my doors went rusty and after a lot of agro I managed to grind Audi down to replacing the doors. They had to respray the sides to blend in. It took a few months to get both done.

Passenger side they did no questions asked and drivers they said it was caused by stone chip under the plastic trim!!!! Eventually they did replace the doors

Audi corrosion warranty is 12 years.

How'd you go about initial contact with Audi? Letter or face to face with someone at a local branch?

I think I may try presenting mine, as I've got a patch coming through in the middle if the roof, but guess il be fobbed off with "it's caused by a stone chip"