1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rust bubbling through??

moorheadbrian Apr 21, 2010

1. moorheadbrian

moorheadbrian moorheadbrian

Ok so i purchased a 2002 1.9TDI SE A4 for my second car there about two weeks ago

75K on the clock and Full Service History

After a good detailing session the other day i've found the paint bubbling in spots across the doors and in one corner of one of the doors.
    Is this a common problem, the car is only 8 years old and i thought they were galvanised and had corrosion warranty for 12years?
    The reason i bought the car is because i have an old school mini and i'm sconered to the teeth looking at rust, i certainly am not expecting it from an audi. I am selling a mk4 golf in the same year with near perfect paint.:nunu:

2. Digger1

Digger1 Member

Yes mine's got a few blisters on the doors, it's a 53 plate ! have a look, at about page two ( paint corrosion ) ... by, chrisash32 ...
    Believe he's taken his back to AUDI under there anti corrosion warranty !!!

3. Mr Singh

Mr Singh Member

Got it on mine, on the inner turn of the wheel archs.

Those wheel arch liners, much like a carpet are culprit. They hold moisture for days and just beat on the paint/metal over time causing rust. Saying that I have noticed a little bubble on the rear tailgate aswell :(

4. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

yeh, tell me about it... Audi told me to get stuffed as its a 7 yr old car

5. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

mines bubbling through along the chrome strip at the bottom of the drivers window the full length not happy but at least i could get a new door. Non anywhere else yet

6. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I've got some on the top of my nearside wing, I thought it was probably a pattern wing but maybe not.