1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rust bubbling through??

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by moorheadbrian, Apr 21, 2010.

1. moorheadbrian

moorheadbrian moorheadbrian

[Apr 21, 2010]
    Ok so i purchased a 2002 1.9TDI SE A4 for my second car there about two weeks ago

75K on the clock and Full Service History

After a good detailing session the other day i've found the paint bubbling in spots across the doors and in one corner of one of the doors.
    Is this a common problem, the car is only 8 years old and i thought they were galvanised and had corrosion warranty for 12years?
    The reason i bought the car is because i have an old school mini and i'm sconered to the teeth looking at rust, i certainly am not expecting it from an audi. I am selling a mk4 golf in the same year with near perfect paint.:nunu:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. Digger1

Digger1 Member

[Apr 21, 2010]
    Yes mine's got a few blisters on the doors, it's a 53 plate ! have a look, at about page two ( paint corrosion ) ... by, chrisash32 ...
    Believe he's taken his back to AUDI under there anti corrosion warranty !!!
  4. Mr Singh

Mr Singh Member

[Apr 21, 2010]
    Got it on mine, on the inner turn of the wheel archs.

Those wheel arch liners, much like a carpet are culprit. They hold moisture for days and just beat on the paint/metal over time causing rust. Saying that I have noticed a little bubble on the rear tailgate aswell :(
  5. chrisash32

chrisash32 Member

[Apr 21, 2010]
    yeh, tell me about it... Audi told me to get stuffed as its a 7 yr old car
  6. swarcup

swarcup Well-Known Member

[Apr 22, 2010]
    mines bubbling through along the chrome strip at the bottom of the drivers window the full length not happy but at least i could get a new door. Non anywhere else yet
  7. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 22, 2010]
    I've got some on the top of my nearside wing, I thought it was probably a pattern wing but maybe not.