Rust A3 2008 Help

higgi

Audi A3 58 TDI 140
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for a little help, just got my first audi last month and didn't notice any rust on it till today when giving her a good clean.
Is this a problem with the 8P? Also how long is the rust guarantee with audi?

Cheers

That looks poor for an 8p mate not sure ,think corosion is 12 year but not 100% sure

You could try the paint warranty. They will probably turn round and say its due to a chip rather than inside out corrosion but may give a fair chunk off as good will.

Thats been chipped which isn't covered. Only bubbling from beneath the paint is covered under the corrosion guarantee.

You think I would have a shot going with the paint warranty? Cars a 08 plate so probably haven't got much come back but will give them a phone monday see if I get any luck. Cheers guys

Paint warranty is 3 yrs, anti corrosion is 12 yrs but only if the corrosion starts from below the paint and hasn't been repaired before or if any external factors have caused it.

Reactions: Ron burgundy
Unfortunately that looks like something has chipped the paint away and then the rust has started. Which wont be covered.

If the rust has started first, and then caused the paint to chip off, then you may have a claim under the corrosion guarantee. However, proving which way round it happened is going to be difficult.

Audi will most likely not pay out, worth a try though. My misses old a3 s-tronic had some rust starting in there same place as where yours is. We treaded it in about 2 month ago, or would of got it sorted. Hope you get it sorted.

Cheers Dan