Running problems

Jonesymk2

Reaction score
I bought an ecu for my car a couple of weeks ago,said it had stage 2 revo remap and immobiliser defeated,I've put the ecu on my car and it starts fine but won't rev up and ticks over lumpy,I've put the computer at work onto the car and it shows up fault code 17925,says main relay j271 intermittent fault,if I plug my old ecu back in the car is fine with no problems

The numbers that are on the ECU... 8N0 906 018J for example...

<tuffty/>

The numbers that are on the ECU... 8N0 906 018J for example...

<tuffty/>

Oh ok sorry thought you meant another set of numbers that might have come up on the computer,the ecu number is 8L0 906 018 N

My car is a T plate apy S3,I got an engine loom and a couple of knock sensors and a lambda sensor with the ecu so would it help swapping the loom over aswell

Sounds about the right number... I assume its the same number as the one you removed? have you tried the old ECU back in incase its the ECU thats causing the issue?

<tuffty/>

Sounds about the right number... I assume its the same number as the one you removed? have you tried the old ECU back in incase its the ECU thats causing the issue?

<tuffty/>

My ecu has been replaced at some point and hasn't got any numbers on it,if I put the original ecu back in the car runs and drives fine

Would it help if I got the car looked at with vagcom while the ecu is plugged in see if that shows anything up

If it runs with the original ECU on then suspect the ECU you have bought is iffy... maybe water damage on the internals I don't know really... the engine control relay is in the little plastic box next to the trunking coming out of the scuttle on the passenger side of the engine bay...

<tuffty/>

If it runs with the original ECU on then suspect the ECU you have bought is iffy... maybe water damage on the internals I don't know really... the engine control relay is in the little plastic box next to the trunking coming out of the scuttle on the passenger side of the engine bay...

<tuffty/>

Just seems a bit wierd that the same fault code comes up each time when the other ecu is plugged in :-/ is there any differences between early and later apy ecu's atall,I will go to somebody that I know who's got vagcom and ask him to plug it in with the other ecu in the car see if anything shows up,I will check the relay tomorrow aswell cheers for the help btw

6A6C1307-9793-4A67-8FCD-E14A9B90387C-2318-000003D7FF39823A.jpg
this is what came up on the computer we've got at work

Non ESP ECU 'may' be different... I can't check myself until the weekend as I have no access to ETKA...

The 018N is an ESP ECU, fairly sure....

<tuffty/>

Oh right ok is there any way to run the ESP ecu on a non esp car atall do you know

Oh right ok is there any way to run the ESP ecu on a non esp car atall do you know

Only thing I have seen similar to this is when we have done wideband conversions on Ibizas as they don't have engine control relay's either... its plausible that your car hasn't got a relay wired in in which case you will need to do so...

First thing you need to establish is if you have a relay...

...tbh seems a lot of hassle to get a remap

<tuffty/>

Only thing I have seen similar to this is when we have done wideband conversions on Ibizas as they don't have engine control relay's either... its plausible that your car hasn't got a relay wired in in which case you will need to do so...

<tuffty/>

Trouble is the cost of a stage 2 remap compared to the price I paid for the ecu otherwise I wouldn't bother and leave it as it is for now

<tuffty/>

Ive checked in the little box in the engine bay and there's only 1 relay in there it's grey,also checked the ecu number on the computer at work and it comes up starting 8n0