Running in period?

S3 Klec

Reaction score
I shall be picking up my S3 on Thursday and I was wondering what the recommended running period was? And are there any tips with warming it up with it having a turbo?

Thanks in advanced! :thumbsup:

Hi S3 Klec, I too am picking mine up on Thursday! :)
I have asked my salesman about this. There is no strict running in routine BUT, take it steady for the first few hundred miles as brakes, etc need careful bedding in. The handbook will tell us what to do anyway, there will be some comments in there I am sure. I must have asked about 4 times, LOL. Same answer, just take it steady. As for warming it up, ensure the oil is up to temp before getting on boost. NOT the water temp but the oil to temp. Proper warm up and cool down will look after your car. This is something I religiously do now in my Subaru.

take it easy for the first 1000 miles not 100% sure on the millage but always let it warm up before booting it once bedded in and always let it tick over for a minuite after hard driving/motorway

Cheers guys! Hopefully with a nice run out to York this weekend I should cover around 400 miles maybe more... depends if I get carried away or not!

N8 - I'm from Leicestershire

Thought about having it mapped? Shark HQ is in Mansfield not too far from you, read Dave's review, he had his done yesterday and he's buzzing.

N8 lets put it this way... I'm upgrading from a 1.4 Vauxhall Corsa D which had 90bhp, so I think 265bhp will be plenty of power for now anyway!! :thumbsup: