1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running in a new 1.8T

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by a900ss, Apr 5, 2004.

1. a900ss

a900ss New Member

Hi,

Just picked up my new car today and it feels VERY tight. Not as loose as the demenstrator I tested at all. I intend to run the engine in by not exceeeding 3000 rom for first 500 miles, 4000 rpm for next 500 miles and 5000 rpm for next 500 miles.

I would appreciate your advices as to how long the engines take to loosen up and give full performance.

Many Thanks
  2. mastertech

mastertech Member

in my opinion running the car in as you have described is not always the best policy.demo cars usually get driven hard by customers and salesman alike and generally turn out to be quicker cars.
  3. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Member

I thought "running in" was a thing of the dim distant past
  4. ActionJackson

ActionJackson New Member

was advised by my dealer that no running in period was required, so (allowing the engine to warm up properly) I have driven it hard from the start. I did this with my previous car (Honda S2000) and the general feeling on that was (just like RSW says) the car was quicker as a result.