1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Running costs on the up again

necroeire Jan 10, 2006

1. necroeire

necroeire Active Member

I have my A3 just over 2 years and the running costs are getting worse.

The car went into the stealers yesterday for a service and to check the engine management light on the dash (originally thought it was the coolant sensor).
    Anyhow, I was told after several hours that there was a burst pipe somewhere that caused damage to the timing belt. Also the immobilisor was damaged so I would need a new one along with two new keys. Also the coolant sensor needs fixing and all this comes to approx, wait for it....€1500.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifme pink!!!!!

And this doesn't include the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif service or change of tires I also need.

So since I've had the car I've had the following expense:
    1) Hazard light relay box (€50) x 2
    2) New Dash Dials (€250)
    3) New bulbs (€20)
    4) Major Service ( €600) x 2
    5) Door closed sensor (€100)

Add to that a minor service x 2, 4 new tires and additional service costs to diagnose funny idle!

My old Polo gti had no trouble - ever. Was seriously thinking yesterday about selling it and buying a 2 - 3 year old Passat TDi or even a Bora TDi. The damned Audi stealers and the constant problems are really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off now.

I did see an A4 TDi with 70,000 - 2 years old for €25,000 tempting but mileage is a bit high.