Running a wire from the engine bay to the passenger side of the car

B5NUT

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I need to run a cable from the engine bay to the passenger side foot well, the cable is a fixed length so I cannot route it via the ECU box, the cable is also about 10mm thick.

I did a quick forum search as I was hoping to see a couple of write-ups but came up blank, anyone help with this or know of a good thread.

in car transformer?

get down to halfords and get a decent set of jump leads to replace the fixed length cable
plenty heavy enough if that is what it is for

not worth the hassle of going through the firewall when there are so many holes by the ECU/Fuse board?

No not a transformer, but it is 240V the cables have special water proof connectors so cannot be cut or modified.

Just run a cable in the cabin, its why I asked if anyone else had ran cables in before. Decided to go in via the passenger side wheel arch through one of the grommets. Far better solution than putting more holes in the car.

Last edited:
Can it not be routed through the box where the pollen filter is? I had thought that the bulkhead had the same 'holes' on both sides so that Audi could get away with producing a single shell for the LHD and RHD markets, ie: where our pollen filter lives is where a LHD car's ECU is.