rumble from the front

samuelt

Reaction score
hi all

Had my A3 3 days now (170 Quattro), I seem to be getting a rummble from the front nearside wheel. The car is 2 years old and has done 17k miles. The Dealer put 3brand new Perelli P-Zero tyres on it but in this corner i have a "Fullrun" it has about 5mm tread left so they would not change it! look this make up on google and they are in china and have 50 employees so I know that this must be at the bottom of the budget tyre level. Could it be making the noise or is somthing more mechanical making the noise??

Toby

I would say its most probably that tyre that is making the noise, one way to test it is to put that wheel onto the back and see if the noise travels with the tyre.

Thanks Robin, i had planed to do that today but it is getting dark now so will have to wait till monday evening. Can you PM me the price for your footwell/puddle/warning light kit. thank you

caught the last 20 mins of light and swaped the tyres over. Pain in the a*s as i had to put the space saver on so that i could use the jack at the other end of the car, only to take it back of so i could get the full size wheel back on. Anyway took it out for a blast down the bypass and it is so much quiter! Really glad as the A4 was very quite and my wife and i were not so happy with the noise in the the A3 at 80mph.

switched over to the digital speedo and was amazed at how easy it was to know what speed i was doing with a very quick glance at the dash.

the 4x4 is a amazing, entered and exited the roundabouts at each end of the bypass with so much trust in the car.

toby