Ruined steering ???

Matty-YellowS3

Reaction score
Hi guys, got a bit of a dilemma i think my steering pump on my s3 has kaputted i have no power steering and its just so stiff and tight to turn and in the ice its just dangerous. Ive checked steering fluid thats fine so im assuming the pump has gone seeing as theres no tracking issues and the car doesnt pull to anyone side... also are the a3 and s3 identical PAS pumps?! thanks for all your help! had to put the car away in the garage til new year now :crying:

Mine started playing up last night. It's sort of intermitant though. If i rev the car a bit it works. If i'm just sat still i cant move the wheel. Developed a miss fire too. Not bad considering ive had it a week.

****** hell yer that aint a good start bud! but mine isnt intermittant its completely FUBAR'd lool only thing ive had go wrong with it in a year!

mine just gone too, took a look under the bonnet and saw that the auxillary belt wasnt moving when the engine running? car runs straight and true, but at speed (above 50-60mph) there's a very noticable vibration? HELP!!!!!!!

yeah i got that lastnight
being a pure tit in the snow ,having a good laugh then hit main road where speed was about 70 and a ratly vibration occoured,whats this gonna cost :),also one of my passangers pointed out my steering wheel is not straight when we are going straight ,could this jst be a bushing or a tie rod ??