Ruddy typical -accident already - TWO days

Certainly would be to a damaged car - but not to someone who denies everything, lies and simply has no balls to own up to his mistakes and instead tries to blame others for them.

You should go through your insurance! There may be an issue with his health (eyesight, etc.) that he's scared will get him banned - but it might save someone else's life later...

Also, you want the car returned to "as new" condition when it all shakes out, and that will probably cost a couple of thousand in parts & labour - which he probably won't want to pay anyway, so you'll be left claiming after the fact & your Insurance Co won't be happy about the delay in informing them.

Completely agree. DO NOT DO IT AS CASH, you'll end up coming out worse off, and as its a new car you want everything done properly. If there are some complications later on, they;ll be covered, but if he's just given you x amount of cash, you'll never see him again.

Also after some idiot migrant in a white van drove into my front wing, he then lied and claimed I'd pulled out of a side junction. You really need a witness to help you out, or call the police if there is damage. I'll always call the coppers from now on, so you have a report to fall back on. It took 2 years to get my claim sorted...

I don't think he is actually. He's right - attempting to destroy someone's career and life is a pathetic and vindictive overreaction to a damaged car.

It is not. If he was honest then I wouldn't have done anything. So, basically you are saying it fine to be dishonest, brilliant lets all do that all lie.

Im a patient person and not usually vindictive but trust me if you met the guy I would bet would have done the same. Its nothing to do with the money, its the principle.

Last edited:
For those new guys you may have missed the audi Ensurance thread, free accident management.
https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/

I wouldn't bother, they are useless. I called them 4 times this week.

1st call they couldn't even find my car even though I have signed up correctly
2nd call they logged my claim
3rd call they could find the claim and then logged another claim.
4th call they couldn't find my claim or my car. I gave up.

I have given up and gone with Sytnerdrive instead as they seem to know what they are doing -1 call all logged and in progress

It is not. If he was honest then I wouldn't have done anything. So, basically you are saying it fine to be dishonest, brilliant lets all do that all lie.

Im a patient person and not usually vindictive but trust me if you met the guy I would bet would have done the same. Its nothing to do with the money, its the principle.

I'm not saying that it's OK to be dishonest, I'm saying there are better ways to handle it.

Reactions: Belfin and Daveotto

Keep digging :)

Reactions: Belfin, Battlekrapz, CraigI and 1 other person
Parked the :s3addict: in a car park last night, as I walked away I saw a Nissan Qashqai attempt to park alongside me, got the angles all wrong and went straight into the side of a new Range Rover in the next space along. Luckily no apparent damage to the Range Rover, a few scrapes on the back of the Qashqai. After that, I offered to park it for her, luckily she accepted.
Seriously considering a dash cam with a parking mode after that scare :w00t:

She accepted that a complete stranger parks her car for her? At no time did she think you might leave with her car?

She accepted that a complete stranger parks her car for her? At no time did she think you might leave with her car?

We are very trusting people in Sussex :laugh: I was with the wife, they were having a chat while I parked it up. Seemed chuffed as she was going to be late for work, was getting stressed as there were no other parking spaces.

Reactions: Battlekrapz, NHN and Joetidman
We are very trusting people in Sussex :laugh: I was with the wife, they were having a chat while I parked it up. Seemed chuffed as she was going to be late for work, was getting stressed as there were no other parking spaces.

Are we, lol, which part of Sussex you referring too lmao.

I live near Chichester, was visiting Arundel when that incident happened.

No one in their right mind would arrive in an S3 and leave in a Qashqai!

Reactions: warren_S5, RossR, Richyboyp and 4 others
Well, this couldn't get much worse. I need to check my dates but.....

3rd March - Accident occurred. Reported the accident to Audi Insurance (wish I hadn't now!!) as was insured with them at the time. They logged the accident but I havent heard anything from them since.

7th March - Sytnerdrive called and said they could manage everything. So I agreed. I arranged to meet their approved repairer's accident assessor (from Reading Accident and Repair) at Reading Audi on the 11th March

11th March - Met the assessor and arranged for the repair and hire car through via Sytnerdrive and to meet at Reading Audi on 18th March

18th March - As agreed
a) dropped my car off at Reading Audi on 18th March for them to take the car to their approved repairer, Reading Accident & Repair
b) picked up hire car

26th March - called sytnerdrive to check progress - left a message. I then called the repairer direct and was shocked to dicover that the car had been sat their doing NOTHING and waiting for someone to authorise the repair - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of calls and still loads of confusion

27th March - Called sytnerdrive and still lots of confusion and service guy said it should be sorted now. I have zero confidence though

So, basically what happened was that sytnerdrive and Audi Insurance were both trying to sort the repair/car hire but instead did nothing and are blaming each other. Brilliant!!

Basically I should have had my car 26th March (possibly 25th). Now will have to wait at least another 7 days due to sheer incompetence. I am fuming. Have these people not heard of communication, you know eg phone call, email - there is no excuse these days!!!

I am staggered at the abysmal level of customer service.

This, after the Audi Ensurance debacle, what a joke

This Audi experience so far really sucks

Last edited:
Parked the :s3addict: in a car park last night, as I walked away I saw a Nissan Qashqai attempt to park alongside me, got the angles all wrong and went straight into the side of a new Range Rover in the next space along. Luckily no apparent damage to the Range Rover, a few scrapes on the back of the Qashqai. After that, I offered to park it for her, luckily she accepted.
Seriously considering a dash cam with a parking mode after that scare :w00t:

I wouldn't have done that as you could have got the blame for the accident

Here's one in Sussex that wouldn't trust anyone further than I could spit them...

Just gets worse. Noone doing anything. My car is stuck in the aidi approved repairers who cant do anything till its authorised. I'm sat here in the repairers trying to sort it MYSELF, pathetic.

After THREE fing days no change. reported to audi. Someone will pay. Ill give them a week. No movement and I will return the car for a full refund and never buy another audi..joke brand. Audi lost a 2nd sale for my wife already

Last edited:
What happened to all the promises Audi Ensurance made to make it easy for you?

After 4 days of no activity and two disappearing cases and the third time stating I hadnt registered, I gave up and told them nicely to not bother as they were clearly incompetent

Last edited:

Some marketing driven bull**** that is set up using the brand name to sucker people into pay their hard earned cash in return for nothing. These services are as much worthy of Watchdog attention as Currys extended warranty, it's just ways of the system fleecing high spend customers into parting more cash to prop the incompetent support network (that seems to be built on smoke and mirrors).

If you have to pay any money upfront for this service at point of purchase I'd be contacting Audi UK about reclaiming it as it clearly doesn't work.

Some marketing driven bull**** that is set up using the brand name to sucker people into pay their hard earned cash in return for nothing. These services are as much worthy of Watchdog attention as Currys extended warranty, it's just ways of the system fleecing high spend customers into parting more cash to prop the incompetent support network (that seems to be built on smoke and mirrors).

If you have to pay any money upfront for this service at point of purchase I'd be contacting Audi UK about reclaiming it as it clearly doesn't work.

I thought that Audi Ensurance was free? Doesn't make it effective obviously...

It is free.
I guess you do get what you pay for then. Feck all.............

If anything happens I must admit I prefer to be the one sorting it out rather than leaving it to others who may well be dealing with a lot of others at the same time. My case is the most important to me and I would rather do all the chasing myself whatever it is.

Audi Ensurance is free and does have a couple of good points. It will pay any extra involved if your own insurance company do not want to use an Audi Approved repairer and it also provides Legal Cover so you can save by not including this with the normal insurance.

Last edited:
So. It seems that sytnerdrive were to blame. Though they are blaming the repairer for sending their quite to the audi insurance rather than sytnerdrive. Sytnerdrive staff I spoke to were the usual couldn't give a toss types and their attitude stank cause I have an a5 hire car what's the problem. Also since when does zero action in 10 days constitute to managing a claim

I've reported them to audi anyway

Reactions: Artimus and cemerson
told the managing director at the repairer what the manager at sytnerdrive said he went mad and was annoyed with sytnerdrive. sure they sent the quote to the wrong company but he says that sytnerdrive never requested a quote until I got involved. who to believe eh, but one thing is clear my contract is with sytnerdrive so they are accountable.

This shower wouldn't last 2 seconds in telecoms if they cant manage something as simple as an insurance claim and repair. If I gave them a high level overview of LTE/4G I am certain their brains will frazzle after 20 seconds (even, though my 13 year old son understands it). I wouldn't bother with the technical version, lol

Last edited: