rubbery gooey coolant pipe at back of cylinder head!

glenandem

Reaction score
hi guys when i was replacing clutch yesterday i had a look up the back of the engine and saw that what looked like a coolant pipe on the turbo side of my 1.9 tdi had gone soft and gooey and looks like it needs replacing sharpish, looks like a pain to get to too!
has anyone ever replaced this pipe and are they easy to get from above with removing turbo pipe etc?
also i found an oil leak from around the butterfly,throttle assembley, ive already blocked egr valve off but is there anything else i can do to stop all this dirty oil coming out somewhere?

Is it quite a small rubber hose the comes out of a larger coolant pipe in the middle of the engine bay and runs to the back? If so, I had that changed 8 months ago - tandem pump was leaking & the diesel had perished the pipe. Was losing coolant (enough to trigger a warning) in 20min of 'fast' driving.

cheers pal, ive only seen it from underneath when i did the clutch and dmf but im gonna take engine cover off today and see what needs moving, hopefully wont be too bad!