1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rubber mats.

TFSI Jul 3, 2013

1. TFSI

TFSI Born to Fish

Will my 8P rubber mats fit my new 8V ??? I know the throttle arrangements differ but it could be trimmed straight if the other 3 mats fit OKish.
    Are the mat clips the same and using the same centres ??
    Cost me enough buying a new motor let alone new mats as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gotta be rubber cos I do a lot of fishing and dog walking and the old carpets would go horrid in no time.

2. manmoth

manmoth Member

Probably not, I say that because my 8v came with the wrong mats from the dealer who put the 8P ones in and hoped I wouldn't notice. The driver side just didn't fit the gap at all. Needless to say they changed them when I raised it but you will probably find the same problem.

3. number3

number3 Active Member

as above don't think they will , dealer chucked in a rubber set and they fit very snug!!! Had trouble getting the back one out when changing to the normal ones!!

4. A3sportbackMark

A3sportbackMark Active Member

can I ask a dumb question, do the mats come as standard?

5. number3

number3 Active Member

yes with the standard carpet ones, well my s-line did! Though I didn't know this at the time and I really pushed my dealer for the rubber ones to be thrown in for free, which he did , begrudgingly !!! It's wasn't until I picked the car up, that I noticed carpet ones in the boot, and when I said oh you're giving me those as well, he said no they came with the car, and said he'd wondered why I wouldn't let the rubber matts go , cos i thought i wasn't getting any lol

A3sportbackMark likes this.
  6. A3sportbackMark

A3sportbackMark Active Member

thanks, that's yet another thing to check when I pick up the car!

7. number3

number3 Active Member

you might wanna check beforehand though, if like me you are neurotic about your car , I didn't want to drive away without any matts incase I got the carpet dirty lol!!