Rubber mats.

TFSI

Born to Fish
Reaction score
Will my 8P rubber mats fit my new 8V ??? I know the throttle arrangements differ but it could be trimmed straight if the other 3 mats fit OKish.
Are the mat clips the same and using the same centres ??
Cost me enough buying a new motor let alone new mats as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta be rubber cos I do a lot of fishing and dog walking and the old carpets would go horrid in no time.

Probably not, I say that because my 8v came with the wrong mats from the dealer who put the 8P ones in and hoped I wouldn't notice. The driver side just didn't fit the gap at all. Needless to say they changed them when I raised it but you will probably find the same problem.

Will my 8P rubber mats fit my new 8V ??? I know the throttle arrangements differ but it could be trimmed straight if the other 3 mats fit OKish.
Are the mat clips the same and using the same centres ??
Cost me enough buying a new motor let alone new mats as well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gotta be rubber cos I do a lot of fishing and dog walking and the old carpets would go horrid in no time.

as above don't think they will , dealer chucked in a rubber set and they fit very snug!!! Had trouble getting the back one out when changing to the normal ones!!

Probably not, I say that because my 8v came with the wrong mats from the dealer who put the 8P ones in and hoped I wouldn't notice. The driver side just didn't fit the gap at all. Needless to say they changed them when I raised it but you will probably find the same problem.

can I ask a dumb question, do the mats come as standard?

can I ask a dumb question, do the mats come as standard?

yes with the standard carpet ones, well my s-line did! Though I didn't know this at the time and I really pushed my dealer for the rubber ones to be thrown in for free, which he did , begrudgingly !!! It's wasn't until I picked the car up, that I noticed carpet ones in the boot, and when I said oh you're giving me those as well, he said no they came with the car, and said he'd wondered why I wouldn't let the rubber matts go , cos i thought i wasn't getting any lol

Reactions: A3sportbackMark
yes with the standard carpet ones, well my s-line did! Though I didn't know this at the time and I really pushed my dealer for the rubber ones to be thrown in for free, which he did , begrudgingly !!! It's wasn't until I picked the car up, that I noticed carpet ones in the boot, and when I said oh you're giving me those as well, he said no they came with the car, and said he'd wondered why I wouldn't let the rubber matts go , cos i thought i wasn't getting any lol
thanks, that's yet another thing to check when I pick up the car!

thanks, that's yet another thing to check when I pick up the car!

you might wanna check beforehand though, if like me you are neurotic about your car , I didn't want to drive away without any matts incase I got the carpet dirty lol!!