Rubber backing for brake pads.

devonmikeyboy

As far from JBS as possible !
Reaction score
Where can i buy the rubber backing that can be stuck on the back of brake pads to try and stop then rattling ?

Did they work Mikey matey?

Mine are really peeing me of something bad & where did you put them eventually, on rear?

Sorted the problem out for me and has been no rattles since. It was my front pads rattling as Hi Spec Mega Monster 6 calipers are race spec and don`t come with anti rattle clips. All i did was remove the brake pads,clean and degrease the metal plate on the back of the brake pads then stick the 3M pads on and refit. The pads are 6cm by 9.5cm.

Ok mate, just since I did my 345 s3 brake upgrade the damn things rattle like feck but only when I do a 1st brake fordward & a 1st brake backward if you get me, every second & onward brake in the same direction they dont do it at all & I've given more pressure to teh damn spring clips aswell, fecking things, crap design, but Steve@racepads is gonna send me some when I email him, what a PITA.

I assume you did both pads on each caliper as the 345 have a spring clip for the 1 pad to fit onto the 1 piston so I assume I'd just stick it on pad 1st then push onto the piston given its a single pot as such.

Thanks for the help & advise.

Ok mate, just since I did my 345 s3 brake upgrade the damn things rattle like feck but only when I do a 1st brake fordward & a 1st brake backward if you get me, every second & onward brake in the same direction they dont do it at all & I've given more pressure to teh damn spring clips aswell, fecking things, crap design, but Steve@racepads is gonna send me some when I email him, what a PITA.

I assume you did both pads on each caliper as the 345 have a spring clip for the 1 pad to fit onto the 1 piston so I assume I'd just stick it on pad 1st then push onto the piston given its a single pot as such.

Thanks for the help & advise.
My problem was totally different as the pads rattled constantly. I have one huge pad on each caliper and just covered the entire back with the sticky pads.

Same principle though hey Mike, I'll give them a go & maybe in meantime try some silicone on rear of pad until they arrive in italy