1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RSNE fitted

rOb_A Jun 6, 2012

1. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

Just had RSNE fitted. what can I say.. makes such a difference to the sound quality on the Bose against the standard Concert head unit.

all is working well, got a great deal, so collected today. just a couple of Q's
    • Is it possible to change the screen colours?
    • How do i copy my contacts list from my iPhone to the car with having to add in each one individually?
    I spent up for now, so will have to leave any future mod's for a bit :( but not a bad few mod's in the 10 days I've had the car :footy:

2. RYes3

RYes3 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3

Cool, I love my RNS-e :) Does the Black Edition not come with them as standard?

3. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

no lad, the standard spec is the Concert which is poo ! to say the least. any idea how i can copy my contact list from my iPhone over to the car? so that i can voice dial?

4. RYes3

RYes3 Active Member Team Nardo Audi RS3

Aah I see. No sorry I don't, I had wondered if this was possible too to be honest.

5. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

no worries lad, sure someone on here will point me in the right direction. thanks

6. A3Kent

A3Kent Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi A3 S-line owners group TDi

Do you have Bluetooth as well?

7. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

yep i have bluetooth. the address show in the RSNe but i can't get voice dialling, any idea?

8. crunchie

crunchie Active Member

RNS-E is standard on S3 BE, that's maybe where you are getting mixed up.

9. A3Kent

When you say voice dialling, are you talking about SDS by using the button on the right of your MFSW?

10. rOb_A

rOb_A Active Member

11. A3Kent

I assume you want to say "Telephone" and then tell it what contact you want to dial? To be honest, I haven't tried this on mine yet. Only done Navigation commands which work brilliantly.

Does this help - Audi - Voice Command System - YouTube

12. CornRattle

CornRattle Member

Do you have SDS enabled on the RNS?

13. Towns

Towns Member

I was told when I fitted my rns (to my 61 plate BE) that even thou every thing else worked it would need to be coded before it read the phone book automatically off my iPhone .

Not had it coded yet so cannot confirm it .

14. phil_w

phil_w Active Member VCDS Map User Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group Team Brill Red

Yep - rns-e needs some coding by the sound of it then the phonebooking will happen automagically. Was the bluetooth already in from factory?

15. Towns

Towns Member

Yes BE get Bluetooth as standard but not the rns e