Rsn-E switching on and off ?? Overheating maybe

ScottyB210

Reaction score
Hi ive recently bought a rsn-e offline and when i installed it i drove around with the maps on and it couldnt get a extact fix on the road i was on and after a while of it bouncing around the rsn lost all power but was still playing the radio until i unplugged it and put it back it ... I tryed the gps in a different part of my dash and it worked fine for 2 days then after that it started jumping around again so i unplugged it and took the dvd map out and now it turns its self off for a minute or two then back on while im driving this happens now and again at different time invertvals ..

I thought the problem was the gps casuing it to overheat because it was bouncing around but now with no gps plugged in or dvd in it still turns off and on ?? Could someone please help me how to fix this thank you in advance

(This is a rsn-e with 2013 maps i think there genuine as the disc and cover looks real , installed in my audi a3 tdi sport 57 plate see pictures attached ) ImageImage

I'd be sending it back to where it came from and getting a refund.

I got it off gumtree mate :( do you think its something wrong with the rsn-e its self ? Some times its fine it worked for 2 days solid with no problems then started again

How much was it if you don't mind me asking? It looks like a 193 model given the gloss black surround, is the second button across state Media?

£360 and yes its the paino black one not sure which model etc if you could tell me that would be good

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 116
Yes its a 193, you'd be best getting it scanned for diagnostic codes with VCDS to see if anything has been logged.

Do you have vcds to scan it ?
Have you coded it and the car ?
Does it turn off correctly when you pull your key out the ignition ?

I've seen this happen before and fault was faulty ignition switch

That doesn't explain the map, that sounds like a GPS issue

Do you have vcds to scan it ?
Have you coded it and the car ?
Does it turn off correctly when you pull your key out the ignition ?

I've seen this happen before and fault was faulty ignition switch

That doesn't explain the map, that sounds like a GPS issue

No i dont have vcds (dont know what they are to be honest)
No i havent coded anything basically i bought it second hand unplugged my old concert stereo and plugged in the rsn-e all the wires fit and it worked straight away and showed up in the DIS screen above my steering wheel showing where to go ... My a3 is just the standard sport verison no gps or anything basic concert stereo before ...
Yes it turns off when i turn the car off
I put the gps in a hole just above where the stereo slots in and it worked fine for a few days and ive tryed ontop of the dash its self (ive ordered a new fakra gps off ebay)
#842 minutes ago
+ Quote Reply

Is it a copy DVD?

If it is then this is likely to be the issue, they don't like copy disks and can cause a reboot and jumping about.

Try an original disk from any year past 2007 and see what happens.

Is it a copy DVD?

If it is then this is likely to be the issue, they don't like copy disks and can cause a reboot and jumping about.

Try an original disk from any year past 2007 and see what happens.

It looks genuine to me and the stereo still does it with no map dvd in or gps antenna attached

Yes its a 193, you'd be best getting it scanned for diagnostic codes with VCDS to see if anything has been logged.
Is this what i need to buy ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 125
Bump sorry i just really need some help with this issue

Well i took out the gps antenna and satnav disc and it never cut out and now Ive just bought a new gps for it and put the disc back in it turns its self on and off after about every 3 minutes:( someone please help why is it over heating with the satnav on :(

Yes it does look genuine, but all the symptoms point to a faulty disk or a bad laser working too hard to read the disk. Hence the problem you have.

Yes it does look genuine, but all the symptoms point to a faulty disk or a bad laser working too hard to read the disk. Hence the problem you have.
Ah ok then pal :( any advice on how to sort it other then trying another disk?