RS6 to BITDI Caliper & Wavey disc Upgrade.

IMG 4243

Reactions: Ebby
So brakes are fitted and all issues including rubbing carrier to disc and vibration at higher from front discs have been resolved.

Custom carriers worked perfectly.

Braking performance is transformed and is night and day compared to original system. Really enhances the hard driving experience with stopping power slamming shut !!! Mega slam stops.
Ordinary driving has no benefit or impact the upgrade only comes to the fore on hard and fierce driving and braking.
****** the brakes several time to very very hot and no warping of deflection.
Was intial wobble from applying brakes (fronts ) at higher speeds until new pads and old discs became properly married through use. Heavy heavy use bedded them together and issue disappeared.

Yes it's expensive but it's indeed a big big improvement :)

Hi all,

Hope you're all well and keeping safe.

Apologies for bringing up an old thread... Just need some advice as there is not much info for my car on the A7 page.

I've got an Audi A7 BiTDI C7 Facelift and I'm looking to upgrade the brakes to a BBK. With the additional BHP and Torque it would be nice to have some additional stopping power.

I understand the calipers on the BiTDI are 4 pot. Just wondering what calipers would actually fit. @TheBlackPanther I believe our stock brake setup is more or less identical. I read on a forum online that the RS5 B8 calipers would fit and would also be plug and play (purchasing from Killer Brakes). I'm sitting on 21" Rotor wheels so clearance should be fine.

1.) Would the RS6 6 Pot calipers fit or should I stick to the RS5 BBK. Any major difference between 6 and 8 pot?
2.) Would stock calipers and rotors be okay for the rear or would I need to change them as well? Wondering to get the RS5 or RS6 rear calipers as well as stated on this thread,,, grinding would be required to make the caliper fit.
3.) Anything else I should know prior to purchasing?

Thanks!

Rear calipers and discs fitted pics coming up. Front calipers due to be fitted next week.
Rear Calipers required grinding in various places to allow clearance from discs etc etc.
Hi the black panther
Wonder if you could advise please. I bought rs6 front and rear callipers discs and pads. Just installed the rears and getting grinding off disc. Only seems to left side but I’m guessing this is why grinding down the carrier is advised. Do you have any pics of what areas you done the grinding. Oh and I have a A7 C7
Thanks
Martin