1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS6 Tiptronic

Discussion in 'RS6 Forum' started by Andy, Jul 19, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy New Member

Hi

I am a new member with an RS6 Avant.

Does anybody know if its possible to re programme the gear selection speeds for manual upshifts and auto down shifts on the 5 speed Tiptronic in manual paddle mode.

It will not allow an upshift to 3rd until 20mph, 4th at 30mph and 5th at 40 mph and the same with downshifts. Its a pain around town meaning your in 3rd or 4th most of the time.

Thanks

Andy
  2. marmite

marmite Counting the Tesco Club points

Congrats on the car I just picked mine up on Friday and still smiling!!!
    With regards to the gearbox you can get your local dealer to reset the basic settings on the g/box control unit. This will reset it for you, Drive as you wish and between 50 - 80 miles it will remember your driving style. It should reconfigure anyway but sometimes it needs a kick..They may charge you..!!

I got a tech at my local dealer to tweek a few bits in his luch time..reset CDL to bleep, auto lock and unlock car with one press of button. Reset basic settings on all systems..Then took it for a spin 100 miles perfect..!!!

Good luck and enjoy your new car..!!

BTW I got the full carpet boot protector which fits the boot of course plus when you fold the rear seats down it covers those too..basicaly it a big carpet mat which protects your boot floor carpet and backseats, I going to list it on E-bay poss let me know if interested.(out of my wifes Allroad, never used it as got plastic highsided load liner)