RS6 grill mod!

basssound

Reaction score
I've been searching and searching and searching but I can't find the thread about the modified grill with the RS6 honeycomb.
Looking to do this, any body know where I can find it or has anyone a shortcut to it :)

I don't think there is one mate.

I think it's just a case of dismantling both grills, trimming the honeycomb section to fit inside the A3 grill.

Best people to ask are Mattandrew and AshB. They have both successfully done the mod.

Or you could make life easier (and possibly more expensive) and do the RS3 honeycombe conversion.

Paullie has done this and can offer some tips.

I'm just looking for a full honeycomb with no number plate holder, I'm pretty sure this is what Matt has done.

Or you could make life easier (and possibly more expensive) and do the RS3 honeycombe conversion.

Paullie has done this and can offer some tips.

I think the OP has an 8P2

RS3 grill is 8P3

I'm just looking for a full honeycomb with no number plate holder, I'm pretty sure this is what Matt has done.

I asked Matt how it was done a while ago, it's as I said above if memory serves.

Ash has the full honeycomb too with removable number plate holder

You ever find that thread? I was looking for it myself. I'm on the other side of pond from you guys (Seattle). We don't have the S3 here or the RS6 without the plate holder grille but I can special order the grille and it would be a cool mod on my 08 3.2 sLine. Any help in getting some more details would be much appreciated.

Warren, I don't think that thread is accessible by normal users - I can't get at it, anyway, and it has thread bin in the title.

rich did the rs6 into a a4 grill cant find the post tho

Warren, I don't think that thread is accessible by normal users - I can't get at it, anyway, and it has thread bin in the title.

Hmmmm, interesting hadn't noticed the thread bin issue; wonder why it got deleted...... Will investigate....

I did it on my S3 8P2, you have to really dismantle the S3 grille and cut up the RS6 grill to fit

There was a sort of thread on Vagoc but i just searched for Rs6 grill plus s3.

Sorry car was a bit dirty due to snow

016.jpg

Reactions: HHS3, MartayMcFly, MrWhItEwOlF and 2 others
There was a sort of thread on Vagoc but i just searched for Rs6 grill plus s3.

Sorry car was a bit dirty due to snow

016.jpg

dude that looks nuts, how did you attach the rs6 grill back to the s3 grill? and also the number plate? and how much is a rs6 grill? have you got as part number? sorry for all the questions but would really like one of these

cheers chris

I took the grill surround off my S3 then cut most of the old grill away just leaving mainly the slam panel bit. Then cut the RS6 grill to fit and glued and screwed it all together. Took the best part of a day as you need to paint the crash bar black aswell and drying time. A grill was about £330 from german ebay sorry no part number (just loook on ebay). I glued 2 small bits of black plastic to the back of the RS6 grill so i could fix my number plate on and they cant really be seen. Hope this helps

Hi ive been asked what glue i used for it. It was bought on ebay from wayside adhesive (all one word) body kit and side skirt plastic metal bonding glue in black.

Hi all, does anyone know whether this is possible on an sline bumper (is the rs6 grille big enough?) also what do you guys think in terms of how it would look?