1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS6 alloys

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by imported_jasmine, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Im after some 18" RS6 alloys for my audi a3. But im not sure what price i should be looking at. Ive seen some on ebay for £600 and £650. is this a good price? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. macca666

macca666 Member

Seems like an average price just now if they're new.

Have a look at the thread on the group buy forum for Rochford tyres who will offer discount if you quote the forum.

I paid £799 for mine about 4 month ago.

4. These are good prices for replica's but you should take into account what tyres they come with and delivery costs. Rochford tyres also do these wheels for a good price if you mention this forum.

5. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

[ QUOTE ]
    Jay4 said:
    These are good prices for replica's but you should take into account what tyres they come with and delivery costs. Rochford tyres also do these wheels for a good price if you mention this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also check if the ones on eBay are multi-drilled (to make them hub-compatible with more cars) - it's obviously a profit maximising method by the manufacturer, and probably makes for a weaker product.

AFAIK Rochford's RS6 reps are available in different fitmnets, but only one type per part - which in my eyes makes them superior to some of the ones regularly seen on eBay.

Regards,

Rob.

6. macca666

macca666 Member

JAY4,

How come you managed to post your reply at 3:07pm when it is still 14:20 ? ?

I know you're in South Wales but surely there's not an hours time difference from up here in Scotland ? ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Or are you using some sort of time machine ? ? ? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

7. nervus

nervus Well-Known Member

I've heard alot about Federals on the civic type-r forum and the general opinion is that they are very good. From what i can remember they are made by a bigger well manufacturer and have launched these with new european branding and are being offered at a more than cometitive price to get market familiarity.

I think they are American but cant remember exactly.

8. 17AUG2002

17AUG2002 Member

well i have a golf gttdi and thinking of geting S3 but i have replicas santa monicas on mine and they only lasted two years now need doing some thing with them so just be carefull what you buy