1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS6 Alloys on 2.0TDI Sport

Jamsie456 Aug 2, 2013

1. Jamsie456

Jamsie456 New Member

Hi I've recently upgraded the alloy wheels to some genuine rs6 S line style alloys. They are on my 2004 a3 sport with the standard sport suspension.

Unfortunately the MPG has suffered on my car which a considerable amount. I have being messing around with different tyre pressure combo's but still cant get it right.

Anyone who has done the same offer any advice whether its a pressure issue or the fact my suspension is higher than a s line that's causing the mpg reading?

Tyres are 225/40 r18

Thanks!

2. turbonutz

turbonutz Active Member

Thicker tyres make econony worse fact. You got budget tyres or old sporty ones? They can make it worse. I belive eu regs recently made tyre firms discontinue tires and re-design them to certain economic and sound levels. As I was told when hunting a set of falks.

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

How drastic has the mpg worsened?

4. Jamsie456

Jamsie456 New Member

About 8-10 mpg it has dropped :(

The tyres are Nankang. These im pretty sure
    Nankang NS-2 225/40 R18 88W
    Nankang NS-2 225/40 R18 88W - mytyres.co.uk

I just cant understand how S Line a3's with the same wheels can achieve higher MPG but put the alloys on a sport and its such a drastic change.

5. G19rnt

G19rnt Member

We had this issue with my a3 when my partner had it car came with 16's and we bought a set of genuine s line/rs6 alloy's and fitted 225.40.18 eagle f1's she always maintained the mpg was a lot worse i'am now selling the 18's and I've bought a set of 17" 5 spoke similar to the a4 s line wheels

6. Artimus

Artimus Shortback

the poor mpg may be caused by the tyres themselves! certain tread patterns don't lend themselves to good fuel efficiency.

Any tyre with an E rating isn't going to give you good returns

[​IMG]