1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS5 gearbox query

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by S3 AD, Nov 21, 2013.

1. S3 AD

S3 AD Active Member

[Nov 21, 2013]
    Have any RS5 owners experieneced any kind of gearbox issues when starting from cold? only the first change from first to second? like a small amount of clutch slip? I have freind who is expericing this. Reading Audi have confirmed they can reproduce the issue, but cant seem to do anything about it, they have had the car multiple times over the last few weeks. I never use this dealer any more as they have prooven in the past to be pretty incompetent in the past, I have advised of a much better dealer to use locally but would be good to know if this is somthing comon. Any feedback from RS5 owners would be greatlt appreciated.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. RS5UK

RS5UK Member

[Nov 21, 2013]
    You can feel when the box changes from first to second when cold. It's not as smooth a gear change as when the oil heats up or when going through the rest of the gears (you'd hardly notice the other gear changes) - saying that though, I've just had the gear oil changed and the dealer said that it will take a bit for the car to react to my driving characteristics.