Rs4 wheels .. What colour ?? Any pics ??

motfree

Reaction score
Just bought some 18" rs4 wheels but they need Spraying as they're orange
Anyways was thinking either White , black or anthracite ??
Going on a black s3 ..

I would actually on this occasion say go for original silver....think they will look good on black.

Im looking to buy some when funds allow and i'm in exactly the same situation, cant decide between black or white. Think i'm swaying towards black for the stealth effect :)

Maybe even a Matt black just thinking may be too much black for my liking ..

Got mine done this colour looks good on my silver S3 not sure about black tho...
4863_1.jpg

Got mine done this colour looks good on my silver S3 not sure about black tho...
4863_1.jpg

Yeah really like them mate, thought several times about doing mine this colour to go on a Ming blue, think it would look good...

Would suit a black car too, somebody on here has done it I seem to remember.

4863_1.jpg

Yer they look spot on .. Only 1 way to find out how they look I guess haha ..
Did you do these yourself ?? What colour is it ??

I would say silver, as the oem silver has loads of sparkle to it.
Would still like to see my Avus's bronze though one day :D

oops, my reply was to the Op. Regarding my personal choice on wheel colour.
would agree that the above pic looks gun metally (no so much anthracite as that has a blue tinge)

Ive had mine done in gunmetal grey with a deep metallic flake, mine are the Avus S3 rims though, on a silver car, look sweet....if I can get a pic, I will post it up as an idea....

Mine were powdercoated think they called it steel 41 or something! its more like a gunmetal though! Not very helpful!

Mine were powdercoated think they called it steel 41 or something! its more like a gunmetal though! Not very helpful!

In fact I had to spray the centre caps myself and the closest colour match I could find was a halfrauds own, they only did a few but the one i used was called anthracite i think! still not particulary helpful!

In fact I had to spray the centre caps myself and the closest colour match I could find was a halfrauds own, they only did a few but the one i used was called anthracite i think! still not particulary helpful!
Yep me too :)

Prety good match though !! How much is it to get them powder coated ?? Might save me alot of time and hassle haha

I had to do my centre caps seperately as well, as obviously they are plastic and would have melted!!

I ended up going to Halfords as well, I believe i had either a Rover or Ford colour to do mine, its a slightly darker shade, but the contrast looks really good.

get them diamond cut with black or gunmetal inserts with chrome audi rings sticker in chrome on top of black centre :)

Would look good but to cut costs and to learn something new :) going to have s crack my self ..
For this I need primer , paint , laquer obviously but not sure what sand paper to use ( what grit ) ?? Also what should I use to fill little chips ??

a couple of grades of paper, coarse on to start, then to a finer one.
use liquid metal to fill any big chips, although when i stripped mine the chips i thought wer gonna be big, turned out to be tiny and primer filled them in.
oh and i used very fine wet n dry for in between my primer coats, of which i did 3

Can you remember whet course you used ?? So many different types haha

i dont know off the top of my head, but you cant go too wrong, what you think will be ok will sort it, as primer once wet and dried will be smooth as silk

Got a variety .. How long you leave between coats of primer ??