1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rs4 wheels refurb anthracite grey

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by rickyquicky, Feb 21, 2010.

1. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

[Feb 21, 2010]
    Im going to be refurbing my wheels this weekend.

What do you guys think of the anthracite grey wheels as found on the black editions? I have the multispoke rs4 (i think) wheels, and my a3 is liquid blue. I reckon the wheels should suit the colour.

Also, anyone know the audi colour code for the anthracite grey paint? :icon_thumright:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. ryanstewart9

ryanstewart9 Member

[Feb 22, 2010]
    I believe the wheel colour is called Titanium
  4. pu6486

pu6486 New Member

[Feb 22, 2010]
    rickyquicky,

I've a Black Edition with said wheels. When I ordered it I was offered the same wheels but without the Titanium finish, i.e. so they looked like "normal" alloys. The salesman recommended this as he said they'd be easier to touch up if (rather than when, I hope) they get scuffed (he said that to maintain the car's appearance I'd need to get corrected wheels resprayed in pairs, thus adding to the overall cost). However, as I was buying the Black Edition, I opted for the Titanium alloys.

I've had the car since Sept. 09 and, as yet have managed to keep them scuff-free. However, when cleaning them the other week I noticed a small stone chip on the OSR wheel. It's only small but easily noticed as it shows up as silver. Time for some touch-up paint, or is that too obsessive?

I've seen other (non Black Editions) with the silver version of my wheels and, with the benefit of hindsight, if I was buying a non Black Edition A3 I'd definitely steer clear of the painted rims.

Cheers,
    Phill
  5. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

[Feb 22, 2010]
    Well a friend of mine does car/alloy painting so im not too worried about maintenance.....plus my girlfriend doesnt drive the car anymore :cool:

Im more worried about the colour suiting my 'liquid blue', and not sure if the titanium would like better than my standard silver?
  6. rickyquicky

rickyquicky Member

[Feb 22, 2010]
    Anyone any good at photoshop? If I post a pic of my car wanna see how the titanium goes with the colour...
  7. gingers3

gingers3 Member

[Feb 22, 2010]
    painting wheels is not a good idea as they get some abuse , i ve seen the said audi ones and imo the finnish is very poor , if you want wheels re coloured get them powder coated
  8. Joshima

Joshima New Member

[Mar 19, 2010]
    does any 1 know where can u buy a titanium spray from? i want to respray my wheels

cheers
  9. Dan!

Dan! Quattro Drive

[Mar 19, 2010]
    I agree with gingers, if you're going to change the colour I would only look at powder coating or you find the paint flakes or becomes damaged quite easily. Look into it, I was pleasantly surprised at the cost of powerdecoating wheels here in aberdeen!