RS4 Wheels Dont Fit My S3!!!!!

ash_s3

Reaction score
Just bought some brand new RS4 wheels and tried them on the car
the front dont fit over my brembo brakes but my standard S3 alloys fit fine, on the RS4s the spokes touch the calpier
has anyone had this problem before? will spacers sort out the problem, will it be ok to use spacers or will the wheel hit the arch?
cheers
Ash

Im guessing there replicas yea? 5mm spacers should bring them out just enough to avoid the calipers and the arches.

genuine RSTT/RS4 style wheels dont fit over the Porsche big brakes either.

Avus 17" have more clearance at the rear of the spokes and fit straight on.

So what you experienced is expected.

you need spacers.

no theyre genuine audi wheels mate, will it be ok with 5mm spacers? will my wheel bolts be long enough or will i need new ones?
thanks
ash

If there genuine audi ones the stud pattern would be wrong. RS4 is 5x112 and S3 is 5x100.

and if they are genuine they would stick out a mile, ET20 i think

I think he means that he has genuine RSTT's, they're subtly different to RS4's, and they're also ET33

You will definitely need spacers to clear the calipers, 5mm usually does the trick, and you should be able to get away with the original bolts.

cheers! theyre on now and look brilliant! the stud pattern is the same as the standard wheels and theyre definetly genuine audi, could be RSTTs as they are ET33, got some 5mm spacers this morning and they just clear the calipers!!

will post pics once ive washed it! but heres one of the actual wheels
DSC00060.JPG

thanks
ash

Glad you sorted it. They are genuine RSTT alloys, not RS4's!

Looking forward to the pics..

nicknamed RSTT as they were _based_ on the RS4, and first available on the S line TT.

the grove around the spokes on RS4 wheels fade out.

the grove around the spokes on RSTT alloys is continious.

most people wouldnt realise they were different.

ahh... i see!
how much are they worth? the bloke said theyre £300 a rim from audi and the tyres are £160 each, both the wheels and tyres were unused and all imaculate
tyres are dunlops

cheers
ash

rims are £300+ (plus vat) each from vagparts

much more from Audi.

Tyres @£160 each sounds about right for the hight ned of the market. ie Mitchelin pilot sport 2's

easily £1000 for delivery miles/mint/with new tyres.

i very nearly paid this recently, until i was dicked about by the seller.

Ive seen sets for sale at anywhere between £850 and 1200 for new wheels, with caps and continental tyres. Admittedly the tyre fitted to the wheel will make a difference to the price

I swear Ive seen the OEM TT wheels for a grand with tires in TT-Shop

Edit they are a grand and a half

so at £500 these were a bit of a bargain as they are brand new! lol

ash_s3 said:
so at £500 these were a bit of a bargain as they are brand new! lol

absolutely. they regularly go for £800+ on ebay with tyres..