1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 service interval help

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by rpanesar, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rpanesar

rpanesar New Member

[Apr 19, 2009]
    Hi All,

Does any know what the service intervals are for an RS4 06 reg?

So far the car that I'm interested in has only 1 service since new which was @ 19000 and expecting an service now @ 36000... This seems odd but can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Also the car has had 6 owners since new and I would be the 7th, should be concerned about this or is this expected as this is a high performance car?

Thx in advance

Raj
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 26, 2014]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator

[Apr 19, 2009]
    I can't help you with the servicing, but I think that amount of owners would set alarm bells ringing with me. Yes it is a high performance car, but it's a usable daily driver, not like buying a 2 seater impractical car. Six owners in three years is concerning.
  4. Marc1

Marc1 Member

[Apr 19, 2009]
    Check out the rs4 section of this forum or www.rs246.com or phone a dealer for sevicing schedules. I would suggest it's around the 10,000miles fixed servicing for the RS models though. As James said, that number of owners would warn me off also - what sort of price is it and is it an avant, saloon or cab?
  5. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

[Apr 20, 2009]
    It depends if you are on fixed or variable servicing.

Fixed is 10,000 miles or 1 year, whichever happens first.

Variable starts at 20,000 miles or 2 years, whichever happens first, and reduces depending on driving style and conditions. I got 17,000 miles & 15 months to my first AVS and then 12,000 miles & 18 months to the second AVS - my daily commute changed from mostly A roads to most town driving.

6 owners is VERY unusual for an RS4 - most people tend to keep them a lot longer than the 3 months average that suggests. Makes me wonder if the car is a "lemon"?