RS4 RARB Bushes & Clamps

Custardsucker

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry another query about the bushes, clamps for this job.
Fitted the bar yesterday (8E0 511 409AL - 22mm) with bushes (8E0 511 327D) and clamps (8A0 511 439) but before fitting tried bushes in clamps and when fitted the hole in the bush goes oval.
Fitted bar, bushes and clamps to the car and bushes are spreading out the side of the clamps, pics attached. Has anyone else noticed this? Torqued clamp bolts to 25Nm and link bolts to 45Nm.
All part numbers are correct and checked against parts before fitting. Thanks for any advice.

RearARB2.jpg

RearARB1.jpg

Sorry, I had mine fitted by a garage, so I've no idea if that is normal or not. That said, I did visually inspect it after fitting, and I don't remember mine doing that.

Looks to me like the incorrect rubber bushes have been fit, possibly for a smaller diameter ARB, thats why its squashing out the sides.

Like people have said the retaining clamps are all one size.

Just to let you know that the problem was that I was using the incorrect clamps. Checked on ETKA and ordered 8E0 511 439. They are slightly deeper front to back and fit perfectly. It would appear that the clamps are not all the same size.