1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 Owners Beware

Discussion in 'RS4 Forum (B5 and B7 Chassis)' started by PetrolAholic, Jun 20, 2011.

1. PetrolAholic

PetrolAholic Member

Right where and roundabouts where I live I am often over Peterborough/Cambridge area (stuff to do with my work), and thus use quite a few filling stations on my travels. Over the last few weeks I have filled up twice around the Peterborough area to find when I go into the chekout bit to pay in the petrol station I have been bombarded with questions from a guy that has a transit van. The questions are:

- Has it been derestricted?
    - Where abouts do you come from to run a car like that?
    - I'm sure a car like that would have a tracker at least wouldnt it!!!
    - I would love one of those....

The guy speaks in a very laughy/approachable manner but I cant help thinking there is an underlying reason.

Etc etc etc etc

Anyone else heard of anything like this around Peterborough/Cambridgeshire?

Thanks.
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
  2. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Not from around the area, but if someone was asking me questions like that at a petrol station then I would be questioning the reasons... Fair enough your neighbour enquiring about your car but not total strangers... :huh:
  3. EAndy

EAndy New Member

I just picked mine up earlier and I live slap bang in the middle of Cambridge and Peterborough so will keep an eye out, maybe jot down the transit reg and if anything ever happens at least you could potentially give the police a line of inquiry for them to follow up on.
  4. salad.dodger

salad.dodger Member

sounds dodgy to me, tell them everything they dont wanna here

:2 trackers as insurance ask but the police force you work for pays for it
    :the opposite from where you come from
    :lol
  5. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

Bugger off and ask Google...."maybe if you give me your name and address I can come and show you the car at the weekend"...
  6. Rob-Quattro

Rob-Quattro Member

I'm from the Cambridge area and also had a gentleman getting out of a white van and a on other occasions a black/dark blue Nissan Nivara asking me and others if he can use someones card for the "pay at pump" service when the kiosk is closed offering £10 but then filling it to the brim and driving off. He also seems very interested in peoples cars and if they have security devices on them. BEWARE!