1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 Instrument cluster.....

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by phoenixv6quattro, Feb 15, 2010.

1. phoenixv6quattro

phoenixv6quattro staylowmovefast

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Does anyone know if an RS4 instrument cluster is plug and play on a pre facelift 98' 2.8 V6 (I have an analog clock)? If not, what mods will be needed so everything would work?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 18, 2014]

3. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    It can be done, but it's far from plug and play. For starters the RS4 uses CANBUS and your car doesn't, so you would need a harness (think Kufatec might do these). You would also have to code the immobiliser and i'm not sure how easy that would be as I'm not sure if your car has IMMO2 or not.
  4. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Feb 15, 2010]
    The changes between 99my and 00my that brought in immo3 are quite extensive and far reaching.

Even things like the oil temperature sender are completely different, as the 00my cars have a combined level/temp sensor.

The dash also talks to the ABS and other systems over canbus, so i'd imagine it would get in quite a huff over those.

I would say you'd basically need the entire car harness from a 00my car, and then probably some components would need changed out to match up with the later harness.
  5. phoenixv6quattro

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Thanks gents. Will give it a shot soon and let you know how it went.
  6. phoenixv6quattro

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Only joking! Boll*x to that! All that drama for a cluster. Uhhhhhh.....No I don't think so. Thanks for the input though guys!
  7. phoenixv6quattro

[Feb 15, 2010]
    On the subject of RS4 parts, I recently saw a picture of a special edition rs4 interior with alacantara trim, leather recaro fixed back seats and a sexy alacantara steering wheel. I phoned Audi and one of these alacantara steering wheels minus airbag is £340 + vat. Can anybody tell me more about these wheels/special interiors, and where apart from the stealers I could obtain one?
  8. Matt82

Matt82 Active Member

[Feb 15, 2010]
    on those later revision cars, you end up in a situation where if the clocks end up on the wrong car, the wrong car will not start/run.

when doing engine conversions people come across all sorts of problems with clocks, lock barrels, ecus etc that dont match
  9. jcb

jcb Active Member VCDS Map User

[Feb 15, 2010]
    you can get alcnatara wheels on eBay. do a search, I bought one a few years back but they come without a vital component for th ehorm which meant I had to buy a TT wheel, pull the horm ring out, refit it to the alcantara one. then buy an airbag!
    wheel and bag probably cost £3-400 all in
    Sold my original Sline wheel, the TT wheel and the original airbag for close to £300 all in.

£100 for an alcantara wheel and airbag? bargain
  10. phoenixv6quattro

[Feb 15, 2010]
    Happy days! Will look into it.....