1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS4 Grille "number plate"

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by mitch_h_88, Aug 16, 2010.

1. mitch_h_88

mitch_h_88 Member

Alright there ave just bought myself an rs4 grill from the audi dealer and fitted it, but when ive fitted it i relised tht it didnt come with a plate holder, and ive had to use the one off my old grill which is slightly different colour has anyone else came acroos this problem????

cheers mitch :confused:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

Yes they dont come with them. I had to buy one the other week. Luckily the dealer had one in stock but they come with holes for sensors which i blocked off with 2 grommets

4. mitch_h_88

mitch_h_88 Member

I got a Quote £50 thts ridiculous like especially when ya spend all tht on the grille am really happy with the grill a went for the complete black, ave been trying to put some piics up to see what people think but a dunno how to do it haha, do you know how mate?

5. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Paint it with plasti-dip or similar?

6. mitch_h_88

mitch_h_88 Member

A was thinkin about tht just like a satin black or something, ave just notcied there tht you say you have painted your calipers i have a black sline wot colour wud u suggest i nearly went red but now am thinking black???? your opinion is much appreciated!

cheers

7. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

Mitch, I have the same issue but it never really bothered me until last week. I going to try and carbon wrap it and finish it off with some clear coat. I'll post some pics to see what people think, if it looks **** then I'll remove the carbon wrap and paint satin black with some clear coat just like I intend to do with my Cupra trim.

8. Blackie

Blackie Active Member

Only other method is to go straight thro the grille with bolts & secure the plate with large washers or brackets on the inside

9. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

What about this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ultramodz

ultramodz 06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Yeah not bad - looks tidy.

11. mitch_h_88

mitch_h_88 Member

tht does look nice, mate

12. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure myself so nice that you guys think it's good. Surprised myself how easy it was, clear coat was £5 off ebay and the wrap was £10. Only took my 15 minutes.