Rs4 Grill - I am about as useful as a **** flavoured lollypop

• Thread starter imported_AudiOwner96
  • Start date
I

imported_AudiOwner96

OK I have really f'ed up. I bought a rs4 grill, came to fit it.. screwdriverd off the old one..popped in the new one..seems to fit perfect..until i come to try and open the bonnet...the bonnet catch that is in between the audi rings on the grill will not budge. I got the plyers out and tried to force it but no luck. Is there anything anyone can suggest before i have to try and butcher the grill off from the front?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Before posting try searching- this happened to me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif If nothing else works get a flat screwdriver and gently remove the grill then flood catch with WD40 and leave for a day or so and see if opens. Other wise you will have to cut the catch. You probably forced the catch too much when fitting the grill- with mine I have to hold the catch when dropping the bonnet shut to prevent its happening. (worth it as the grill is gorgeous /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

If worse comes to worse cut through the inner stuuf- see my old post for grill problem and ajmackie wrote some good advice on my thread and has one of his own with pics of the mechanism.

i've fitted an RS4 grille to my B5 S4 and had no problems, try removing it and "threading" the catch through the rings 1st before clipping in.

i chaanged the release mechanism as yaseen mentioned. i had to dremel some of the back of the grill off to allow the release lever enough room to budge.

Remove the grill (careful now not braking those plastic clips in a hurry!) and see if the thing works. If it does then it's prob the grill. have a look to see if something's preventing the lever moving fully.

Having said that ... do you here a click / is there less reisistance when pulling the release mechanism? you might have a stuck catch. I highly reccommend everyone to clean the catch and WD40 / grease it up!!
Don't worry too much. a new hook is only about £14. just saw the old one off so that it opens and then clean up the gunged mechanism.