RS4 Gear Stick Knob... REALLY, That Much? !!!

SDHA4SLine

Reaction score
Probably should have put this in the rants and raves part of forum really...

Thought I would price up RS4 B7 gear stick knob part number 8E0 863 278 DRTAV. Go on have a guess how much?

Wrong.... its £270 :keule::confused::nyah:

No real point in this thread just a statement really

Yup, been on the look out for one for a while now.... but zero chance I'd pay that much for one.

Best bet would be to keep your eyes peeled for a second hand one.

Add it to the list of parts which have an RS premium attached to them :(

Stanard s-line one is around the £170 mark too.

Ordered my rs4 handbrake cover today :) believe it or not that rs4 part is actually cheaper than the s line one:p

Out of interest how much was it?
I got a new one from the classifieds on another forum and want to see if I over payed:)
It is a nice wee mod tho, feels nicer than the stock one.

£270.00 ? .........for a gear knob ? ...........Really Audi ? :jester:

I can only assume that in addition to the tactile benefits, it provides enhancement to the car to which it's attached performance ? :think:

Reactions: AvantMike
Yeah, I had prepared myself to part with around £120 - £140 (which is still an insane amount) but nothing like the £270!

I think the RS Gearknob releases an extra 140BHP with no further engine Mods...hence the "premium" price:tapedshut::think::wtf:

Reactions: DieselJake
Ive got plenty of work mates that regularly go to Germany on business so think I will chuck the part number at them and see what they can do from there.

i like my standard perforated knob ,the wife likes it too;):p

I gave up on trying to get an RS4 knob to match my perforated wheel, as they go for £150-£160 second hand. I ended up buying one from an A6 Sline being broken for about £26 delivered. The gator was of no use as it's a different shape, but mine is in really good condition any way so that didn't bother me.

Reactions: AvantMike
Taking this thread in a different direction....

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the silver release button on the end of the handbrake? Noticed mine is completely knackered (dents & scratches) and its going to drive me crazy if I can replace it.

Let me know what you guys think of this one:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424810881811549

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424810919.161791.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424810919.161791.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 217
A3 gear knob arrived and is fitted, not straight forward but easy enough to do
Old tired one
e7c4ca48a393cb0efa75b158ad481060.jpg

Nice new perforated one.
44417178786db6aae9081854938e09af.jpg

Yes, there is a plastic collar you have to force off the a3 gearknob to release the gaiter and same with the old gearknob, then you have to trim the a3 plastic collar to make way for the stitching on the a4 gaiter, I should have took pictures but didn't think.... One thing I've noticed though is the plastic collar is fouling on my gear surround when selecting reverse so will have to take it back out for a trim..
Only took about 20mins start to finish.

Ok thanks, looks very nice by the way :)

Reactions: W1LD R
Yep, Audi want crazy cash for that gearknob. I picked up the gearknob and handbrake cover on here for £100 on here a few weeks ago, chuffed.

I must admit the knob does feel nice in the hand, errr :D

I'm getting very close to getting my hands on one :D

I'm getting very close to getting my hands on one :D
there was an Rs4 flat bottom steering wheel, gearstick with gaiter and pedals on ebay, making good money but looks like someone has offered him good money and he's ended auction early..:mad new::mad new::mad new:

eBay shmee bay, I'm hopefully getting new for an absolute bargain :p

Taking this thread in a different direction....

Does anyone know if it’s possible to change the silver release button on the end of the handbrake? Noticed mine is completely knackered (dents & scratches) and its going to drive me crazy if I can replace it.

Turns out you can I've ordered mine today :)

Link, or part number please as mines all worn, and it's the only bit of interior letting the car down.

8E0 711 333 A3 Q7 (£11.91 + vat), lord knows how the old one comes off I've just been out to take a look and cant figure it out. Its not just the cover cap by the looks of pictures on ETKA its the whole button assembly.

Just looked at this link and Im not sure this will work now :(
http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B6_A4-quattro-1.8T/ES437579/

The parts guy did say its come up under my registration, maybe hold fire until I get hold of mine as not too confident about it actually fitting now