RS4 exhaust onto an S4?

stapo69

All hail the mighty quattro!
Reaction score
Got the chance of cat-back section of a genuine 2001 RS4 exhaust, will this go onto my 1999 S4? Is it worth it? Gonna sound any different? Be going for re-map soon too.

sound any different?

not really no... are you still interested in my old ecu tho, im going to put all the unused bits of my s4 in the classifieds this week if you dont..
like i said going much cheaper than a mrc remap ??
let me know asap bud:icon_thumright:
also about your spacers i have 1 set still trying to find another but im sure another pair will turn up up somewhere

hows things going otherwise:think:

It's all good mate. Gonna have to give that ecu a miss for now, funds are low with having to buy spacers, plus coilovers are coming soon too, may finally get those rims on! Found 2 sets of H&R spacers, plus all the bolts for £140 delivered from motorsportworld.co.uk, seemed ok price to me.

Got yours all sorted yet? Prob gonna GTI spring fest at pod if you're there.

Doesn't seem worth it really does it. Had a look into MIJ, seem to make some nice systems, £495 all in. Heard good things bout em.

pretty sure it wont fit unless you have the cats as well

QS tuning emailed me back today, said it wouldn't fit, plus there'd be no real gain, may as well go for a better specific exhaust for an S4.
Milltek etc.

I know for a fact that I guy called Tony from on here was running the stock RS4 exhaust on his stage 3+ S4 so it does fit (or can be made to fit) and would give slightly better performance as it uses a bigger diameter pipework than the stock S4. It will hang lower though as Soupie said.

madkebab said:
I know for a fact that I guy called Tony from on here was running the stock RS4 exhaust on his stage 3+ S4 so it does fit (or can be made to fit) and would give slightly better performance as it uses a bigger diameter pipework than the stock S4. It will hang lower though as Soupie said.

it wont fit an s4 fact... and any exhaust can be modified to fit.... as i made the 2 3/4" exhaust for my mk1 golf from a transit van.....
but your right it would give you slightly better performance, mainly throttle response and such a measley amount of performance it wouldn't be worth the pain in the *** to do it....:crying: