1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rs4 ebay mesh/ methods of fitting

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by tangerinedream, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tangerinedream

tangerinedream Member

[Aug 17, 2011]
    hi all ive just recieved some of the rs4 mesh from ebay, looks good :) just wondered because of seen a few of you guys had this fitted how you fitted it with pics be good.
    i was thinking of attaching wire to bumper then twisting it around mesh???

thanks all
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. gary3306

gary3306 Member VCDS Map User

[Aug 17, 2011]
    Just cut to shape with a Dremmel then a few dabs of black silicone keeps it check. Thats what I've done and several others I believe.
  4. LeeT

LeeT Member

[Aug 17, 2011]
    Black cable ties or stikkaflex
  5. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Active Member

[Aug 17, 2011]
    Make sure you cut the tabs of the back side of the bumper. On my first attempt I left them there thinking they would be useful to help anchor the mesh, but I ended up having to strategically cut the mesh in so many places that it took forever. I used a glue gun to 'tack' the mesh to the bumper, then used Isopon Bumper Filler (plastic filler) to provide a solid bond. Tiger Seal/Silkaflex would also be good, but again would take a long time to dry. And the mesh is under tension when it's bent to follow the shape of the bumper, hence why I advise using something like a glue gun to hold it in place whilst the permanent bond sets.