1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rs4 ebay mesh/ methods of fitting

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by tangerinedream, Aug 17, 2011.

1. tangerinedream

hi all ive just recieved some of the rs4 mesh from ebay, looks good :) just wondered because of seen a few of you guys had this fitted how you fitted it with pics be good.
    i was thinking of attaching wire to bumper then twisting it around mesh???

thanks all

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. gary3306

gary3306 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Just cut to shape with a Dremmel then a few dabs of black silicone keeps it check. Thats what I've done and several others I believe.

4. LeeT

LeeT Member

Black cable ties or stikkaflex

5. Blue_Thunder

Blue_Thunder Well-Known Member

Make sure you cut the tabs of the back side of the bumper. On my first attempt I left them there thinking they would be useful to help anchor the mesh, but I ended up having to strategically cut the mesh in so many places that it took forever. I used a glue gun to 'tack' the mesh to the bumper, then used Isopon Bumper Filler (plastic filler) to provide a solid bond. Tiger Seal/Silkaflex would also be good, but again would take a long time to dry. And the mesh is under tension when it's bent to follow the shape of the bumper, hence why I advise using something like a glue gun to hold it in place whilst the permanent bond sets.