RS4 Bumper

JayA4Turbo

Reaction score
Finally got round to fitting the RS4 front bumper to the A4. Fabricated our own mounts which work VERY well, and was a fairly straight foward job to do. The car is going to the bodyshop on Saturday so they can start on it early next week.
Also having the sides and rear lower painted. Should look good when done....can't wait to get it back!!!

Will post all of the pics when finished.....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Is that the one I sold you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly is matey! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Car finally came back from Bodyshop today and it looks fantastic... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Looks like a new car! I will post some pics up tomorrow. Just need to sort out the mesh and it's all done! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What Mesh are you puttin in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll answer that for him.

I bought a HUGE amount of RS4 stlye expanded mesh for my bumper a few months back. Getting mine sorted too adn then we just need to get it powder coated and fitted.

Rich

Where did you get that from Rich?
I am after a big wedge of it.
Thanks mate.
PS are you the best person to see about samco hoses i need the inlet one airbox to turbo and the intake manifold to intercooler ones.
Thanks

[ QUOTE ]
Where did you get that from Rich?
I am after a big wedge of it.
Thanks mate.
PS are you the best person to see about samco hoses i need the inlet one airbox to turbo and the intake manifold to intercooler ones.
Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Markey,

ive got a sh*t load of it in the loft still... Can sell you some if you like. Just needs cutting o what size you need for the car then powder coated.

Forge are the best people to speak to for that... They do the samco ones

Rich

powder coated is it metal then? it looks like plastic in the pictures i see of RS4s

[ QUOTE ]
powder coated is it metal then? it looks like plastic in the pictures i see of RS4s

[/ QUOTE ]

This one is. It is just generic mesh...not specifically for anything! its pretty heavy duty stuff and would do thr job well.. will take some pics if you want.

Rich

Bring on the pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Ok......here are the pics while installing....

b2.jpg

b1.jpg

And here is the finished result.......

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

And here is the new Supersprint RS cat back system too....

sp.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thats the next thing when the when I come round to it....having the current sides and rear painted was just a temporary measure until I put proper sides and rear on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

I may be jealous though once you get your beast on the road! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yep, these jobs take time but eventually all come together.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She looks sweet, colour really suits her too.

Has she got side skirts on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers......no skirts, just had the lowers painted!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jay,

Car looks great, I really like the colour. What paint did you used for the lowers? Was there a need to do any special prep work for the plastic mud guards? Also what the hell did you do for the sills inside the door? Did you have to paint them also? If you havent guessed I am looking at doing mine also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! I'm not sure what paint was used. I only did prep work for the RS4 bumper which I just used plenty of wet & dry and got everything silky smooth, then handed it over to a bodyshop to do the work. I did no prep work to the sides. They did a great job for me!! They painted the sides and partial door sill leaving the main inside black (which is what i wanted due to getting scuffed with shoes). Here is a picture....
sill.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Looks great Jase.

I'd wondered about the inside of the sills myself actually because mine has the nice chrome badge which l obviously don't want to lose... What happens to that when sideskirts are fitted? Do the skirts bond on underneath that part of the sill?

Looks good though, they did a great job.

Cheers

T

You can cut a thin strip off the edge of the black bit that surrpounds that chrome audi bits. To fit the skirts there are some pics on audi world.

Cheers Markey, I'll see if I can find them. When I get hom though, I'm in the South of France on my hols at the mo but we're ****** SNOWED IN! Can you believe it!?

So I'm bored & posting from my phone...

Cheers

T

From your phone cool....
Yeah ill take some pics of my side sill install to show you how much of a gap is left as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Cheers Markey, I'll see if I can find them. When I get hom though, I'm in the South of France on my hols at the mo but we're ****** SNOWED IN! Can you believe it!?

Cheers

T

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dedication.....posting whilst on holiday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
From your phone cool....
Yeah ill take some pics of my side sill install to show you how much of a gap is left as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cool, cheers Markey. It would be good to see exactly how they fit.

Do you have standard skirts or S4's?

Cheers

T

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Cheers

T

[/ QUOTE ]

That's dedication.....posting whilst on holiday!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif The missus doesn't think so /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

But yes, l like to think it's dedication (or obsession, one or the other /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

T

before my rs4 one I had a the rieger splitter which looked similar to that with the vents at side . Quite liked it; looks very agressive and rare as didn`t see anyone else with it.

The rs4 looks better though.

Those pics just look like a standard front bumper with a lower splitter fitted, not really a 'Touring Car' bumper per-say.

It may actually be that the lower black trim has been removed and REPLACED with the splitter rather than just grafting the splitter on as an extra.

T